Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do some of your crochet or knitting projects take so long?

For some of, we speed right through our crocheting or knitting projects. For many of us, some projects take us a long time to complete.

Here is an interesting list of the seven reasons projects can take so long to complete:

7 Reasons Your Crochet Project Is Taking So Long

So, why do some of your crocheting or knitting projects take so long?

2. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a fast crocheter so my projects go quickly , however if it is a complicated pattern then it may take a little bit longer. I don't normally work with fine yarn And the projects I do are for charitable organizations so the are fairly quick yet pretty.

Roe
    Last edited by LI Roe; 06-27-2014 at 04:26 PM.

4. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think sometimes when I'm working on a larger prayer shawl in an easy pattern, I get bored. That's why I usually have at least 2 other projects (different size hooks, different yarns, etc) , and I'll switch off. Some of us think when we do a shawl lengthwise it seems to take much longer than side to side!

6. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Projects with lots of counting take me longer-can't "fudge" any stitches-count must be right on. The article was right about the "fancy" stitches. They take longer but are worth the time if you love the look. My biggest problem is boredom so as others have said I have more than one item in progress at most times. Also like an easy repetitive stitch item for when I am a bit tired or have some troubles on my mind. Less chance of error and
    I can still feel I have accomplished something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,
    It slows me down when I'm reading a pattern.
    True, counting slows a person down.
    Jean Marie

9. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with all the reasons listed in the article, Barbara and have a couple of my own to add. Since I both knit and crochet I tend to get too many projects going at once with all the great CALs/KALs out there. That slows me down because I try to work on all of them and seldom make much progress on any one. I'm OCD and find it necessary to count every single stitch I make, frequently more than once. Know I would be faster if that wasn't the case. I've tried things like TV or music or listening to books to stop counting but none of them work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think sometimes I get bored working on a project. So, I sometimes have more than one project going on. Or I will switch to a project in another craft like plastic canvas to motivate myself.

12. Likes dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of them are big projects, but it depends on the stitch for me. If it is a large project with a small stitch {such as sc} or different repeating rows, it takes me longer to complete. I can complete a normal size baby afghan in a simple sc or dc pattern in a week, even with color changes etc. A twin size afghan in the same manner, 2 weeks, but I did a diagonal box pattern, for a twin size afghan, and it took me 6-8 weeks. I also have a daughter that's going to be 3 years old in August, and I don't get a good span of time to crochet at once, so I have maybe an hour off and on some days to crochet.

14. Likes dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am taking a long time on the project I am doing now because I have been making the same blankets for a few months. I think I am getting burned out on the afghan stitch (tuscan) and the cross stitch. I have made six POMC ( Parents of Murdered Children) afghans since the beginning of the year. I started throwing in a few smaller items to break it up but the last one is really kicking my butt. still have the top of the logo to go.
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

16. Likes dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rogue,
    It takes me a month to make an afghan for an adult.

18. Likes dragondrummer liked this post