Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you save money on crochet or knitting projects?

With the rising prices, many are looking for ways to save money. This includes saving money while creating our favorite crochet or knit projects.

How do you save money on crochet or knitting projects?

Post Thanks / Like
    I look at Walmart for cheaper priced yarn, such as Caron Simply Soft {which is cheaper at walmart than at Michael's by a few cents, it adds up}, or I print out coupons to go to Michael's or Joann's when they have 25% off entire purchase, and 50% off one regular priced item. I can get a skein of Caron One Pound for only $5 with coupons, so I get my yarn as I go and just stock up until I can get enough for the project at hand.

My Church crochet class and I will soon be VIP members at Joann's, so we could end up getting $10 skeins of yarn for only $3-$4.

3. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I normally stock up on yarn when it's on sale, clearance or with coupons. I also put the word out with friends and neighbors if they know people who no longer want their yarn I will take it and explain what I do with it. I also check Goodwill, discount stores ,dollar stores , etc since you never know when you'll find good yarn at great prices. I do the same with pattern books and anything else crochet related for me.

Roe

5. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Free patterns are my biggest savings. Using afghan leftovers for amigurumi is great also. Yarn sales and free shipping on line helps as well.

7. Likes dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,
    I use the yarn I have in the house. Sometimes I might buy yarn.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy the vast majority of my yarn at Big Lots ($1 - $2.50 a skein). And I use free patterns or I make my own pattern.

10. Likes dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

saving money

I have found yarn and other things i needed to finish a project at yard sales.If I can not find it there I will watch for sales. I have often got my yarn at Hobby Lobby, Walmart, Herrschners, Mary Maxim, or Odd Lots. I often look for free patterns. I hope this will help you.

12. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Walmart is my friend! But sometimes Michael's with a coupon is cheaper. Our church prayer shawl ministry provides some yarn, and I get some given to me , I even use small balls for my baby hats or rows on a Joseph Coat shawl.

14. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I do what a lot of you do. Goodwill, Salvation Army, BFM and other thrift stores are good sources for yarn, and I have even found crochet hooks there. Pattern books are getting harder to find used, but my printer gets a workout as I subscribe to a lot of crochet newsletters. I have even frogged yarn from an older project and reused the yarn. Michael's here in Canada is not always the cheapest and I occasionally get a good deal at Mary Maxim.

16. Likes Susan2014, dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My sister and I do yard sales and watch for the sales at our favorite stores and buy what we can then. some of the second hand stores are a good source to check out for yarn and sometimes patterns. I also use the flea markets to find some of the thread I use.
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

18. Likes dragondrummer liked this post