Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    You can find great buys at garage sales, good will stores, and I clip coupons for JoAnn Fabrics etc. I love a good yarn sale no matter where it is. Also FREE patterns or websites are wonderful. Anytime you can get a pattern for free it really saves.

2. Likes Susan2014, dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy the biggest amts of yrn at yard sales. you also can get free patterns on Ravelry Just put in on your computer -free crochet patterns for-what ever pattern you are looking for-gobs will show up.Look thru & copy the ones you want. I have never bought a pattern. I did buy a book of squares but it was a good sale price.I also watch sale prices at Walmarts which is the only place I had to buy yarn until recently. Town 10 mi. North of me just got a Meijer store & they have yarn. Better selection than Walmart. They don't have much variety at Walmart anymore & it's the same kind & color all the time.I have scored big several times at Good will also.

4. Likes Susan2014, dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you become VIP members, and how much discount do they offer?

6. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Patterns

If I am looking for a particular needlework book or pattern, and after I have exhausted the search on free sites, I go to Amazon. Just last week I saw a book at a yarn shop. I went to Amazon and found the very book for $1.99 + 3.99 shipping. It was listed as used but in very good condition. I was so happy to open the package and discovered that this book had probably never been opened. Not a mark on it! So for $6 I got a lovely book that I will l use again and again.

Betsy

8. Likes Susan2014, dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pinky5, I do the same and even E-Bay for an older Book. What was it on if I may ask? Have fun & Pic when done something. Have a nice Sunday

Susan2014

10. Likes dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see all the great ideas where & How to save as I do them. Wish I had Relatives or Friends to ask for there throw away Books etc. I dont get to Garage Sales only Goodwill & ours are getting higher now $2.00 more oh but Tuesday is 40% off seniors. Love hearing on big Hits !! of Bags & Box's. Good Luck

12. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up some lovely crochet patterns and a new hook at a thrift shop today.

14. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Barbara,
    I use the yarn I have in the house. Sometimes I might buy yarn.
    Jean Marie
    If I would do this I would save a fortune!

Post Thanks / Like

Saving Money

I do what everyone else does - free patterns, sale yarn (specially online), thrift stores, senior discounts, etc. It all adds up!

Post Thanks / Like

Saving money on projects.

There are two ways of looking at this question. Finding great deals on yarn/thread is wonderful. Another aspect for me is "sticker-shock" when I see the high prices on clothing and accessories in stores that are often machine made knitting. Handmade items are very pricey. So I feel good giving handmade gifts. The value is more than I could afford to go out and buy...and I know the quality is high...it feels so good to hear a squeel of joy when a friend/loved one sees their gift!

18. Likes dragondrummer liked this post