Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

My late replies . . . and a prayer request

Hello ladies,
    I'm enjoying getting to know you and I'm looking forward to participating in whatever comes our way. I just want to share something so that you may understand my situation. And I know I can't possibly be the only on one this site dealing with such challenges. My husband was just diagnosed with liver and kidney disease. Helping him takes much of my attention but this site helps me have a little break from the hard work now and ahead of us. He has many more tests to undergo and then the doctors can determine a proper course of treatment. We pray together several times a day and I would like to ask you all to pray along with us. If you are not a "prayer," please just hold a good thought for him. His name is Steve.

I love getting your messages. If you don't hear from me, it means I am caring for him or taking a well deserved nap. Sometimes I need to postpone my web time for a week or more. So don't give up on me. I WILL respond.

I hope I have posted this in the right place. Bless you all and thank you for understanding. Betsy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Betsy, a lot of us have been where you are and some are going through this now. For some it has been just a short time for others they have been carrying this burden for years. My heart goes out to you, and every single person going through trying times. I am glad you can some enjoyment at least here at crochet talk. Don't worry we won't give up on you we don't give up we are fighters!! With my husband it was brain cancer. Thank The Lord it did not take away his memory of family but did effect his short term memory. He was given about 6 months when first diagnosed but he fought, we all did, and he lived days shy of 2years!! Many surgeries and many challenges but God gave us blessings all along the way. I will be praying for you and Steve that with every challenge God will give you the guidance, wisdom and strength you need!! Prayers and hugs Winnie

3. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Winnie,
    I am dearly moved reading your message and your journey. Thank you, Dear Heart. Betsy

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to let you know prayers are going out right now for both Steve and you also. At some point, it seems that each one of us has been through something similar, whether it be a spouse, child, parent, sibling with some form of a horrific illness. May the love and prayers of those around help you through this time.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pinky51/Betsy, Oh No!!
    Dear Lord, be with Betsy's husband Steve. He's just been diagnosed w/liver and kidney disease. Place your healing hand upon him. Be with him as he goes through this. and give Betsy the strength she needs as she takes care of her husband. Guide and Bless them and Watch over them and be with the doctors-give them wisdom as they determine what's the best treatment. Thank You Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Your Name, Amen!!!

7. Likes Susan2014, jakesgrandma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Betsy,
    Don't worry about getting a square sent out for me. I'm more concerned for you and your husband. I just pray he gets better!
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    Sorry about your husband.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean Marie that is very sweet and kind of you!! Love and hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I wished you and Steve were not having to go through this. Sometimes lifes challenges can bring us closer and make us stronger even though it may not seem like it at times.

Check in when you can and let us know how you are doing. Also, are you still okay for the granny square exchange this month? I know you had quite a few names on your list.

Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Betsy,

I am so sorry to hear what you and your husband are going through. I will be praying for you both. Let us know if there is anything else we can do. You and Steve will be in my thoughts.

Love & Hugs
    Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25