Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Did you make crochet mistake and discovered you did like the result of crochet?

Question found from blog

A Crochet Mistake | Crochet | CraftGossip.com

Please include the picture of your crochet mistake into interesting result.

2. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I've done this, and read that others in fb crochet groups did the same, and sometimes people learned they were actually doing an existing stitch that knew nothing about - yet! This is how people come up with their 'own' stitch, in fact I did one in one of my patterns and later read that a woman used a stitch her grandmother made that grandmother thought was a correct existing stitch but wasn't, so she called it her own special stitch and made many nice pieces with it!

There are so many stitch variations it's unbelievable and I think no one could learn them all, thus reference books for them - standard stitches, variations of the basics, and unusual and unique non-standard too. Some are so similar you have to have references when you don't use them often, for example closeness of the bobble/popcorn/puff stitches, those 3 can often bring controversy in groups of crochet conversation. One can simply go to reference material to be sure, thank goodness!