Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Red Heart Yarns

Post Thanks / Like

Red Heart Yarns

Where do you find colors that we used to use for Red heart. They have taken so many of the older colors out that I liked to work with. I have bought some from Red Heart on Line. But they don't have alot left. Do you have any other suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have to agree with you. many of the colours aren't shown on the Redheart.com website any more.

i purchase directly from the warehouse so I do see the complete colour range of all of the Red Heart yarns that are still available on the warehouse order form.

Was there a specific colour that you were looking for? I don't mind checking to see if its still available.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    You could try ebay or even Ravelry, sometimes people have skeins in their stash that they are willing to sell.

Roe

4. Thanks Vornie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    There were turqouise colors, light and dark, different shades of blue. I want to make an afghan of the american flag. I need the royal blue for that. There was also another one I liked. It was a varigated one with purple, green and tan in it. This one made a beautiful afghan with solid colors of purple.green and tan with it. Another one I like is grape ivy varigated, has greens, purple, white and black and navy blue, I think. I like to make afghans with the varigated and put the solid colors with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    You could try ebay or even Ravelry, sometimes people have skeins in their stash that they are willing to sell.

Roe
    Thanks, Roe, I will try these. Vornie

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you go to red heart.com and they have a list you can print out that tells you there shades and what solids go with variegated. If im not mistaken you click on yarn and then they have places to click to get the list. I hope you check it out. I do not buy red heart without the list in hand on line or in the store lol. Good luck and let us know .

Post Thanks / Like
    Vornie, you sound like me. The varigated yarns are so pretty worked in an afghan with the solid colors. I just finished an lapghan using the grape ivy with lavender, paddy green and navy blue. It is so pretty. I tried to take a picture of it with my phone and my cat, Lana had to lay on top of it just looking pretty! It still shows through. I am trying to get it sent from the phone to my email address so that I can upload it here. According to the text message, it is still in the "sending" mode. It will show up in a week or two! This has happened before with this phone of mine!!! Oh, technology...........

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a Michaels near you they usually have most of the colors and I think I have seen all the ones you mention, or also try Joann's. Good Luck.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. I am going to JoAnn's tomorrow. We only have ACmoore near me here. I appreciate all the help and suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    Billiebob, There is a list called multi-color coordinate list under yarn in Red heart(6 pages that tell you what to put together for yarn and colors. and you can also look at their new 2014 catalog of new colors. I didn't know any of this until you told me about it. THANKS SO MUCH!!