Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Crochet Pattern

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Crochet Pattern

Hi All,

Me again, I have alot of questions and it seems I came to the right place. So as not to over stay my welcome, I will post ONE per week.....LOL! Everyone here is so helpful and supportive! Let me tell you the story first then ask my question last. Taking a deep breath.......in through the nose out through the mouth.

I was searching the web for patterns and came across a website that sell patterns for reasonable prices. I saw this really beautiful dress and thought if I get the pattern I can try to make it. So I purchased the pattern, when the pdf pattern came into my inbox I was very excited! when I opened the pdf the pattern was in CHART form Now am a newbie to the crochet world, but i understand the basic stitches and I could read (or figure out) a written out pattern. The dress pattern looked simple enough to read if there was a written out pattern, I was very disappointed and all the excitement drained my body. Am still sad about it but I will get over it and move on; still would like to make the pattern though. My question is, is there a website I can go to that teaches how to read a crochet chart? some sites I've been on doesn't really help. I got to the first row then get lost after that. Is there someone who can walk me through the pattern? I would like make this dress for the summer.

Wishing you all good health

Thanks a million

2. Likes Pinky51 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Here are some links to conversations here in the crochet forums about charts. I am not good with charts, but I do know we have some members who read from charts all the time. I am sure when they see your post, they can give you some sound advice. You can look at these to get you started - hopefully it will help you some:

http://crochettalk.com/links-and-res...=crochet+chart

http://crochettalk.com/main/11926-co...=crochet+chart

http://crochettalk.com/main/5908-inf...=crochet+chart

4. Thanks Pinky51, cablestitches thanked for this post
    Likes Pinky51, cablestitches liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are several videos posted on YouTube that explain in detail how to crochet from a graph/chart pattern. They should help you.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...t+from+a+graph

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for these links. I'm a longtime stitchster but only now learning to read charts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, have u tried any of the links suggested for reading charts? I just want to encourage u to do so. Sometime written instructions can get confusing. Either they r vague, our too intricate. But if u can read a chat, u will know exactly where to put ur hook next. I still like a pattern with both though. But the author of that pattern might be willing to help u if u have a question. What is the name if the pattern?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean, I don't like graph patterns either

9. Thanks Sanda101 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find that the graph patterns a lot of times are so small I have trouble with them also but can usually work my way through them but I do like the ones that have the written pattern with them better. Your best bet is to get a list of the symbols they use and go from there.
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You Shelly video was very helpful ♥cablestitches/Debbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Natural, Thanks for asking about charting I just learned a few new things by watching the link that Pixieglitter put up. Now I want to try some bead work. ♥cablestitches/Debbie
    P.S. Hope you were able to find this helpful also .

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link