Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What crochet items have you made with the double crochet stitch?

Here is your time to share with the other members here in the forums!

What crochet items have you made with the double crochet stitch?

Many items can be made with this simple crochet stitch. If you are new to crochet, what items would you be willing to try using this stitch?

2. Likes catbalou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What crochet items have you made with the double crochet stitch?-100_1715-jpgWhat crochet items have you made with the double crochet stitch?-red-white-3-jpgWhat crochet items have you made with the double crochet stitch?-dress-set-jpgso many
    Last edited by bobsy; 06-01-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayer shawls, baby blankets, hats, scarves, mats for animal shelter!

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara, I use the double crochet a lot for pot holders, placemats, hats, poncho I made my daughter. She hates to wear a coat so I made her a poncho last fall it was mostly dc because it makes an airy garment. I also used a larger hook and bulky yarn that way it was plenty warm but airy enough she could wear it as an outfit and not just a "coat". Interesting question anxious to see what other have to say! Hugs Winnie

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    to many to mention I use double crochet for a lot of blankets, dresses, doilies, & a lot of other items
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I make doilies and use many types of stitches
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara, Many years ago, I picked up a letter that Lynis put out on how to make baby blankets to give them for hospitals. It is a simple pattern that many of us use. After you make your stitches the second row is slip stitch in a stitch then chain 3, 3 double crochets , skip 3 stitches and slip stitch into the next stitch. . The third row comes back and you slip stitch in the chain 3, make the 3chains and the 3 double crochets in the same 3 chains, slip stitch in the next chain 3 and make 3 double crochets. It makes a nice stitch for baby blankets. I try many stitches but always end up making this one. With different colors it makes up real easy and works for the boys and the girls. I have seen it done in Heavy thread but I like the No#4 and a big hook. Margaret

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Shawls, afghans, baby blankets, granny squares, hats, scarves, little pocketbooks. Almost anything. Used in combo with other simple stitches, it kicks it up a notch too.

Roe

15. Likes Barbara G., catbalou liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last night, I just started an afghan using only the double crochet stitch. I made a chain about 60 inches long, turned and started my double crochet stitches. It's stripped across in pinks, purples and red colors.

Crochet is my therapy. I've been feeling depressed lately and I figured the pretty colors would make me feel better. Plus, the pattern is simple and doesn't take much thought. It's a way for me to feel productive even when I'm feeling down.

Shelley

17. Likes Barbara G., catbalou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use double crochet in hats, mittens, scarves, sweaters, leggings, afgans, shawls and slippers.

19. Likes Barbara G. liked this post