Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Deer Stakes

Post Thanks / Like

Deer Sticks

Trude just had a post about deer and Jean Marie asked what deer sticks are I just haven't gotten around to answering. Sorry Jean!! Deer sticks are deer deterrents they come in two sections and are hard plastic. You put two AA batteries in them, the top has two wires that cross each other and there are 4 places near the wire that you place cotton in. They come with liquid acorn which deer love so they smell the acorn try and bite it and get a little shock. It is not enough to hurt them it just scares them they don't like it and leave. You do have to move them from time to time I know ppl think deer are dumb but they aren't!! They have even come up the stairs onto the patio to eat my daughter hibiscus, hydrangea, roses etc. it's like candy to them! This year the hibiscus is huge and beautiful. I'm sorry but I don't know how expensive they are but it would save a ton of $$ to NOT have them eat up your garden!!! God bless all of your gardens flowers and vegetables and may your bounty be plentiful :-) (((hugs))) Winnie
    Last edited by Winnie2013; 06-18-2014 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Should say deer sticks not stakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Trude just had a post about deer and Jean Marie asked what deer sticks are I just haven't gotten around to answering. Sorry Jean!! Deer sticks are deer deterrents they come in two sections and are hard plastic. You put two AA batteries in them, the top has two wires that cross each other and there are 4 places near the wire that you place cotton in. They come with liquid acorn which deer love so they smell the acorn try and bite it and get a little shock. It is not enough to hurt them it just scares them they don't like it and leave. You do have to move them from time to time I know ppl think deer are dumb but they aren't!! They have even come up the stairs onto the patio to eat my daughter hibiscus, hydrangea, roses etc. it's like candy to them! This year the hibiscus is huge and beautiful. I'm sorry but I don't know how expensive they are but it would save a ton of $$ to NOT have them eat up your garden!!! God bless all of your gardens flowers and vegetables and may your bounty be plentiful :-) (((hugs))) Winnie
    This post should say deer sticks not deer stakes!