Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Mandalas, is anyone making these?

Has anyone made any of these mandalas? they are so pretty and easy to make. i have made several. Working one right now. Want to make an afghan of them. They are a good way to use up your scraps of yarn.

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    what are they?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mandalas start out as circles and are worked in rounds. Up to as many rounds as you want. Some folks make dream catchers out of them by sewing onto an embroidery hoop. I am making mine square at a certain point so I can make an afghan out of them. When i learn out to put a picture in here. i will put one in here. There are alot on Pinterest and in Ravelry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Vornie I have done 2 going on my 3 rd. I wish I could pic. Family situation & I dont have camera?? They were putsy at first then I relaxed as I was determined. The colors are so pretty. Doing 1 with neon yellow & Im getting better with colors. Have Fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mandalas are fun to make! For those of you who don't know what they are, here's a photo of one I made last year.

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Mandalas, is anyone making these?-photo-1-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    can you share the pattern, I would love to try and make one for my daughter she always has bad dreams....I could maybe do a dream catcher...

Post Thanks / Like
    Vornie, do you have a free pattern or two you could share? I saw these and I would love to make some

Post Thanks / Like
    I've made several mandalas but I put them up on my wall for decoration. you're simply putting circles into squares to make an afghan, and using the mandala pattern to do it. It will be a spectacular afghan!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hobbies View Post
    Vornie, do you have a free pattern or two you could share? I saw these and I would love to make some
    Go to Pinterest or Ravelry to get patterns. That is what I did. Most of them I make by just looking at the picture. Also Free to crochet has alot of them. I don't have a favorite one. Pot holders patterns can be used also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made 2 or 3. One of them when finished will be mounted on the wall above the mantel in the living room. Planning on making some simple ones as place mats.