Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you crochet every day?

Hi All,
    If I'm into crocheting I crochet every day usually at night but sometimes during the day too but then I get to the point where I need a break from crocheting. I usually take a month without crocheting. On April 7-9 I went to Camp Michewana. Just before I went to camp I was ready to take my break from crocheting but before I went to camp I had seen a couple of the 6 inch squares and wondered how they did that. You may remember I posted "How do you think they did that?" Thank you for your replies to that. Anyways, I did a couple of the squares and started another one(the spiral one). Then I went to camp. Since being back from camp I wasn't doing any crocheting except I did get around to weaving some ends in and I decided to try and make that spiral square I started into a 6 inch square by just doing double crochet and now when I fold the square in half I can see there's one little part that I could crochet to make it a square shape and I'm thinking about doing that today. I've made some more labels for my 6 inch squares and I need to sew them on. I know we're not having a meeting. Well, it's almost been a month since I got back from camp and I'm not antsy about wanting to crochet. I don't know if I'll get back into crocheting at some point or if I'll ever crochet again except for making the square into a 6 inch square shape, putting labels on the squares and maybe fixing up the flowers and leaves on a big square I have. By the way, I got let go from work .
    Jean Marie

2. Likes blueeyes68, mash52 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I do crochet almost every day, even if it is just a few rows or several stitches. It is like therapy at times for me and since I am involved in a few charitable groups, it sometime gives me more of an incentive to finish the much needed items. However, I do tend to slow down in the summer time since it is a tad warmer (though I do have a/c in the house) but will do small projects in between the other things I do (non-crochet).

Sorry to hear about being let go from work. Hope things work out for you.

Roe
    Last edited by LI Roe; 05-01-2014 at 04:05 PM.

4. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I don't crochet daily, but several times a week. I am often tired in the evening and wait for the weekends. I started crocheting in my early twenties (or maybe it was my late teens) and pretty much stayed at the beginner/intermediate level - then in my early to mid thirties I simply stopped - life got too busy I guess and I went on to something else. Now 30 years or so later, I am back to it .... seems like my life is coming full circle It's a great hobby. Right now my idea is to make items for a Christmas gift exchange .... and I'm back to the beginner level. However, with age, I have gained more patience and am willing to try new stiches/patterns .... and the net and you tube are certainly helpful - hope you regain your zest for the craft. Sorry about your being let go from work .... my retirement is looming and I am dreading it.
    Sherry

6. Likes blueeyes68, little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now I am crocheting everyday. We take our grandson to school so I will crochet during the ride and then at night after he goes to bed. If I have time I will also crochet during the day while he is at school and also on the weekends. There are times I will go without crocheting for weeks depends on what I am working on. I have also I want to do but I also need breaks every now and then. My mama has started to crochet and she has ask me to help her get started on a granny square that she can just add to it for a twin bed cover. I am also working on a queen bedspread for our bed.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet every day...
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet every day! I am retired and do a few home things, sit and crochet, and mostly always crochet while I watch Dr. Phil. I crochet afghans for Project Linus so there is always something to work on. In the evenings I usually read. Crocheting is good therapy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean: Sorry about your job. Retirement for me has been the best decision I have ever made. I am not bored and always seem to find things to do.

11. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean:
    Don't be so hard on you let go of job. it could be something better is waiting for you to explore . you know it can't get better until pass the worst - that is if you are not ready to call for retire. I was forced to retire some 13 years ago. at that time was very depress and frustrated because of the 'hit and run auto accidents from a business meeting trip) I end up in the hospital for some month plus the rest of 12 month of healing.....I am unable to work since...but i get to learn all the fun in life that I didn't know before - learning the whole new 'crafts life' . I love my craft life now. wish that is all I need to live the rest of my......
    but reality is not so. I still need to make my daily life/live routine...you know what I am talking about. I do try to crochet or knit daily . even just a few stitches.....life is like a movie - go forward but re-run them only in you memory ....please keep the good work on your crochet. you will be glad you do. and never regret what has happen because it was mean to be.
    Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

13. Thanks Lili thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Must.Crochet.Daily. Or I'll be a mess! It's very calming for me and I make prayer shawls for church and hats and lapghans for the VA hospital, there is always something to work on. I keep it fairly easy, and have several projects going at once. so I never get bored!

15. Thanks Lili thanked for this post
    Likes little drummer, debbbarr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry jean about your out of work. Is it temporary ?? Lots of free time now and with summer. Doesnt help with $$ tho But enjoy Life as its wonderful
    God Bless You

susan2014