Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  22
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cessie,
    Thank you and everyone for your concern. sc is crocheting through two loops once. dc is crocheting through two loops twice. tr crochet is crocheting through two loops 3 times.
    Jean

2. Thanks cessie thanked for this post
    Likes cessie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet every day. Sorry about your job ending. I hope it turns out well for you. Crochet has definitely gotten me through difficult times with work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone. I learned to crochet when I was very young. Maybe 6-7 with my Auntie who I got to go and visit every summer when school was out. Then I stopped for a while when I got married and had my 3 boys. I tried to teach them how to crochet and they may have learned to do chain stitches...and they do remember me teaching them. We have a good laugh over that every once in a while. Any way now that I have been retired for so long (since march 1st of 1996) I usually crochet every day until another craft raises it's head and then I will do plastic canvas or paint or something else. Then I go back to my crocheting. I have lots of different sizes of crocheted squares sitting in bags in the closet. Maybe they will get made into something..or not! I think it's so easy to sit and watch TV movies and crochet. I also take a bag of crochet WIPs along to the doctor 's office or while riding in the car or anywhere I go. I even decorated a sun visor and tennis shoes once while traveling... that is using a paint brush and my paints! My motto is "Have crafts, will travel!" crochet hooks , paints, plastic canvas or whatever strikes my fancy at the time! Gotta have something going on in my hands at all times! It takes my mind off other things and I don't have time to worry. So yes, I crochet almost everyday a little bit or a lot! Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    God bless you for rmembering our vets. When I go to my VA Clinic there are so many homeless guys and a few gals there for the free breakfast rolls, doughnuts, coffee and juice in the morning and sandwiches and milk for lunch. I worry where they eat on the weekends. I always take extra smokes to share. Most of them still wear their old worn-out fatigues and are barefoot. I can't believe we let our warriors live like this. Thank you for your wonderfull work. You have inspired me to find projects I can make for them. debb from Sooutheast Texas
    I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Do not dread your retirement!!!! When I had to go on disability from NASA I thought I would die. But there are so many opportunities!!!! I've been taking college classes, mostly ecology, biology, chemistry, and geology. There's so much to learn out there, not to mention do like gardening and crochet. You'll wonder how you ever got by before. Try to find something to help our vets. There are so many homeless it's a cryin shame. Good luck on your new career!!!! debb from Southeast Texas
    I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet in spurts. If I am working on a big project, I usually crochet every day until it is finished and then take some time off. I've been known to set the hooks down for a year or more. But then I crochet everyday for a year or more when I start back up. I am that way with many of my hobbies

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I try to crochet every day. Sorry, that you were let at your work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet whenever whenever I get the chance. I always have it beside me

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful advice!!!!! debb from Southeast Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    As a veteran myself, I thank you oon behalf of my unfortunate brothers and sisters. God bless you. debb from Southeast Texas