Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: My IDEA BOARD

Post Thanks / Like

My IDEA BOARD

when i got a desk i had to put together , there was a big flat piece of styrofoam i just had to repurpose, so i put black paper on one side and now i have a 2 sided idea board for planning or keeping track of the pieces of my latest WIPs. I may use the celtic knot to make a summer coverup. I've been using cross stitch charts and even knitting charts for filet work. i've also been thinking about the pineapple and filet and some lacy squares from the spanish language crochet sites on utube. I'm thinking about doing a parasol. at first i wanted to do it in Irish crochet but that would take too long and be a lot of work !! Then i looked for patterns and they were large pineapple doillies, not different enough. The parasol that Abby (NCIS) carried at the funeral one episode was my inspiration ( xcept not black ) It was probably done in size 30 thread which my eyesight cant do.SIGH So i will try to make my own pattern in filet.
    I have already started the top most part, and i have some squares to add in ...
    Attached Images Attached Images My IDEA BOARD-dscn0338-jpg My IDEA BOARD-dscn0337-jpg 

2. Thanks Nova55, blueeyes68 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really love your idea and your items!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Larisa ! With utube I can see how my Eastern European and Latin sisters do their crochet even with no translation , and I had no idea how many crocheters there were in Japan or China , but those crochet symbol diagrams really help (I'm learning to read those )
    Last summer i spent the whole time doing filet crochet butterflies, 10 from About. com, and i designed 17 of my own, to make 2 french crochet curtains. this pic shows them end to end on my bed because i may someday make them into a bedspread. Each square is 12" square and they are 4 squares by 6 squares.
    Attached Images Attached Images My IDEA BOARD-photo-jpg 
    Last edited by Kitty; 05-01-2014 at 01:03 PM.

5. Thanks blueeyes68, Lili thanked for this post
    Likes blueeyes68, little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great idea. I just threw out some of that stuff. I have no imagination.

Post Thanks / Like

crocheting thread

they look great and I tried to make a blanket for my son with crochet thread and I stop working on it. BUT I will try again and looking 4 some pattern to do I have 1 in mind but I need to make it different and unique to him. he is now 8 mos and I really need to get 2gether and do it and complete it for his birthday by August 17th. Its light blue crochet thread joined by white. I hoping it look like this but with his initials D.G.S. on 1 square, the others with different numbers, shapes.
    Last edited by asluna; 05-01-2014 at 02:46 PM. Reason: forgot add smiley face

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a great idea ! The filet squares give it the sampler look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Kitty,

Love all your work. They are very beautiful. I really love the butterflies. Is there a pattern for them? I would love to make some. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work with us.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    I have graph paper charts for the butterflies, its 3dc filet so each block (square on the graph ) is either 3dc in a row for a full block or dc ,ch, dc for an open block. I'll photo some graphs I designed, the other 10 you can get at About.com/crochet and search butterfly afghan, for free charts, and instructions. I graphed out their charts on 4squares to the inch graph paper its easier to work from and you can mark off where you are as you go along. All the butterflies are exactly the same going from right to left and left to right -that makes it easy to follow. Altho i did it in thread size 10, you can do it in yarn and 12 butterflies makes an afghan.

Post Thanks / Like
    My IDEA BOARD-dscn0270-jpgMy IDEA BOARD-dscn0269-jpgMy IDEA BOARD-dscn0339-jpgMy IDEA BOARD-dscn0340-jpgHeres the pics (well the first 5) Hey anyone can use them but I'd like to get the credit for the design. I dont have a website, this is the first ive shared.
    Attached Images Attached Images My IDEA BOARD-dscn0341-jpg 

12. Thanks blueeyes68 thanked for this post
    Likes blueeyes68, catbalou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres another 5 ! They are not as fancy as the About.com ones but they are different .
    Attached Images Attached Images My IDEA BOARD-dscn0342-jpg My IDEA BOARD-dscn0343-jpg My IDEA BOARD-dscn0344-jpg My IDEA BOARD-dscn0345-jpg My IDEA BOARD-dscn0346-jpg 

14. Thanks blueeyes68 thanked for this post
    Likes blueeyes68 liked this post