Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  15
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: My IDEA BOARD

Post Thanks / Like
    Kitty, before Christmas I went looking for a new cover for an umbrellia. have the umbrellia of my grandmother's.

Post Thanks / Like
    kitty, before Christmas, I went looking for a cover for an umbrellia I have the metal Rods and the Handle And it all works. The umbrela belonged to my grandmother. It had been put in a trunk and left. She graduated from college in 1905. It had been covered in lace but most of it had rotted away. I found a crocheted pattern for a 5 ribbed cover on Michiel { Mikey] Selick. .and "The Crochet Crowd. " I never got back to it. He talked about buying a cheap Umbrellia at Walmart or Target, striping the cloth from it and Starting in the center and work out. I also went to Google, typed in umbrellia and found one but wasn'nt near as pretty. Hope you have good luck with your's. Margaret.

I had gotten on
    google

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful butterflies ... awesome crochet work. Thank you for sharing
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

4. Thanks Kitty thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Margaret, my umbrella has 8 ribs. I'm working on it now i'm almost half done and have added the pattern element- butterflies, again, a mini version (26blocks wide)of the other ones and I'm down to the heads of the butterflies( about 1/4 butterfly). Did you say your grandmothers umbrella had 5 ribs? Filet works for 5 ribs just do a number of stitches that is divisible by 5,( i think 30 would do it , then do a chain stitch every 6 stitches , and 2nd row do this , ch1, v-stitch, ch1 in every ch 1 space of the first round. This is where the increase is worked also. I started with 32 stitches, for my 8 rib.
    Also saw a tutorial that said to take the cloth cover off first thing, i haven't , because it may come in handy i will just before i attach the new cover. Tutorial used an 8 sided doilly. I haven't seen any done in filet technique. Hope there isn't a reason for that , one i haven't encountered yet! I will post a pic when I'm done. ( i am taking notes on what i do all along the way, for future reference. )
    Last edited by Kitty; 05-06-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    First, how thrifty you are though I suppose today we would call you "green." Second, I love the idea of an idea board. The pieces you have posted in the picture are beautiful. They would certainly inspire me.

7. Thanks Kitty thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Lovely work and they would make a lovely bedspread.

9. Thanks Kitty thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like them as curtains because depending on the time of day/nite the butterfly part is either dark or lighter than the light coming thru so they look different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kitty, the french curtains are gorgeous! You are so talented! Thank you for sharing.

12. Thanks Kitty thanked for this post