Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel the same way JenniBee. I subscribed to a crochet magazine and not one full of other crafts!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had just subscribed to Crochet Today! I got Mollie Makes in the mail yesterday! As you said Jenni, Mollie Makes is a very nice publication, but NOT what I subscribed to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniBee1970 View Post
    Here's a bummer. I received what I thought was my new issue of 'Crochet Today!' in the mail yesterday. Instead, I opened an issue of 'Mollie Makes, US Edition'. I received a letter stating that my subscription has been changed to this new magazine. Come to find out, 'Crochet Today!' will no longer be printed! I'm sure 'Mollie Makes' is a nice magazine, but after flipping through it, it's not for me. There were only 3 crochet patterns in the whole thing! I'm so disappointed!
    Hi Jenni!
    Yes I had the same exact experience. This was my favorite crochet magazine of all the ones I get. In fact I had just sent in a new subscription last July for two years. I don't understand why subscribers weren't asked their opinion first before making the assumption that we would want a non crochet magazine. I mean, I only crochet which is the reason I ONLY subscribe to "crochet" magazines. I don't craft, knit, sew or quilt...so why would I want the Mollie Makes magazine "in place" of "Crochet Today"? I was pretty upset and even though they gave a "free" digital copy of Simply Crochet it didn't change the fact that Mollie Makes is NOT a crochet magazine...what I actually paid for in full. So...I called and finally got through to an actual person after about 15 minutes and told her I wanted my money back. She said it would be credited to the credit card I used. So...I would still rather have "Crochet Today" magazine but at least I am getting my money back.
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too and I am no impressed with Mollie Makes at all. I think I will call and get a refund.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to the Mollie Makes website and sent an email telling them politely, but in no uncertain terms, that I was not interested in their magazine. I was assured that I would get a refund credited to my credit card, although it hasn't happened yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that's awful. I hate when things like that happen. I really think magazines and newspapers are going the way of the horse and buggy. The Internet is so much more popular with the younger generation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you're right Theresa L. The younger generation wants everything digital, and I like it too, but I still like to take an actual magazine and look at it . I seem to get so much more out of holding the magazine and really getting into the text and pictures. Guess I'm old fashioned. Sometime change is good. Sometime just adding the new to the old makes it better.

Post Thanks / Like

Bad news for Crochet today Subscribers

Quote Originally Posted by JenniBee1970 View Post
    Here's a bummer. I received what I thought was my new issue of 'Crochet Today!' in the mail yesterday. Instead, I opened an issue of 'Mollie Makes, US Edition'. I received a letter stating that my subscription has been changed to this new magazine. Come to find out, 'Crochet Today!' will no longer be printed! I'm sure 'Mollie Makes' is a nice magazine, but after flipping through it, it's not for me. There were only 3 crochet patterns in the whole thing! I'm so disappointed!
    I was disappointed too. I subscribed to a crochet mag. not an all craft mag. I called and cancel my subscription. Got a refund on my credit card.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that certainly is a bummer. I also get Crochet Today.

Post Thanks / Like

crochet today

I don't like the mag.mollie makes either,simply crochet looks like a good mag but very expensive.The mag 1-2-3 crochet is a very good one and so is crochet world. I want the mag in my hand not a digital copy also.