Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
    Post Thanks / Like

Altering a pattern

How would one go about altering a infant vet pattern that is 0-3 months to 3-6 months. The pattern is using sc sdec and revsc and it is done in one piece with the shoulders being sewn. The link is below of the vest that I am interested in altering,

Saddle Tramp Vest-Free Crochet Pattern | Cobblerscabin's Weblog

Thank you in advance.

Robyn

2. Likes blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Robin, What I would do is continue to follow the directions, but also use a larger hook.. Maybe 2 sizes bigger.. Teresa

4. Likes Dutch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teresah,

That sounds easy enough. I hate to be a quitter but the other vest that I was working on that I had to crochet in halves. Well I just couldn't get it figured out when it came to reversing and when I happened upon this vest over the weekend I thought why not do this one instead. It is done all in one and it will look just like the other one. Maybe someday I will go back and figure it out when I don't have a deadline to get it done.

I should mention that I finally gave the sweater to the mother of the baby girl over the weekend and she just loved it and it was the right color also. She also loved the sandals I made. I am now making another outfit for the baby and I think I will be getting more requests from her. I made me feel so good when she asked if I made them and when I said yes they couldn't believe it. Also as a side note, I find out tonight at some point what my daughter will be having. She was to find out at 3:00 this afternoon. Then I will really be able to go to town then. So, I want to thank you and everyone else that has been so helpful in answering my questions on here. Couldn't have done it without you. Big pat on your backs!!!!

Thanks again for your help.

Robyn

6. Likes little drummer, blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Robyn, TY for your kind words.. It's so nice when you can say, I made it.. Some people think it is impossible. But then again they have talents that maybe crafters don't have.. Don't worry about the other vest now..( You can always go back to it later) There are more exciting things to do like crochet for you GD or GS.. How exciting.. You will have to let us know. It is such a Blessing having a GC.. (I think it's true that you love them more than your own child.. Don't tell anyone I said that..LOL) To see your baby have a baby is the utmost awesome feeling.. Don't get me started.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Teresah,

Just found out, another grandson. We are all excited.

Robyn

9. Likes little drummer, blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Robyn, Congratulations... I'm so very happy for you.. Like I said, Grandchildren are just the best thing in the world.. Better than a chocolate brownie ice cream sundae all the way.... Hugs, Teresa

11. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robyn, Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I am so very happy for you and your daughter.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Robyn, our daughter has blessed us as well with two precious grandsons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn,

Thank you. We are blessed. We will have two grandsons and our granddaughter who was taken from us two years ago and is now in heaven. Am having a great time now finding different patterns both to crochet and to cross stitch. Going to be a busy grandma between now and the end of the year. Also doing some pieces for a good friend of mine who is going go be grandma for the first time and also formy daughter' s boyfriend' sister's baby girl. She loved the sweater and asked for more.

15. Likes SandyDayArts, blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Robyn I am so very sorry to hear that you have lost a granddaughter. I have a niece that is now childless.She had two sons and lost them both at different times in her life. Your friends & family are very fortunate to have you making special keepsakes for them. Once again congratulations & well wishes on the soon to be newest addition to your family.