Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  48
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen that" I love this yarn" at other places. I know that my Walmart is sharing space with Red Heart and Lion Brand. Not all of the colors I like but I did find Caron Simply Soft, for a baby blanket I am making and except for it Spliting, it is very soft.
    Several years ago before I retired I bought alot of my yarn from EBAY, and also from Hersheners.com They have nice yarn.
    Also when I worked at Hobby Lobby, they told us that all they made themselves was the Candles. Everything else probably came from overseas. or someplace like that.
    Pat

2. Likes blueeyes68, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Every walmart anywhere has the same policy.The only thing is you must pay when you order. There is a site-to-store in every walmart. Most are located where the old layaway was. Just ask an associate and they will tell you where it is and explain the details.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was excited when I heard a Hobby Lobby was opening in my area. Now I'm not so sure!

Post Thanks / Like
    Before Walmart we had lots more stores of every kind with various selections of products....especially yarn and material....most of these smaller, dedicated useful stores went out of business because of Walmart....and Wally doesn't have the space to stock the more off-beat types that the smaller ones had....but can't stay in business with because Walmart stocks the most popular stuff and takes the money from the little guy that would have kept his store open and we could find more variety

6. Likes Poinciana, blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if that can be done in Canads....will have to check it out....thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

miss Catbalou you are so right that the little guys could not stay open because of Walmart. I love Hobby Lobby and Joann. But in Joann I can get better help they take the time to help you out when you need a question answered or to find something. But when I buy yarn in Walmart it is second rated not the best quality yarn. I had to get Red Heart yarn from Walmart today because Hobby Lobby and Joann is an hour away. I want to make a Rabbit Purse the pattern came from Annie's for my Great Granddaughter Though it was reasonable it was $2.77 cents for a 7 oz. scan of yarn. I got yellow, pink, white and a pom pom maker. Does anyone know what a hook and loop tape is. That baffled the one who assisted me. I guess I got to go to Joann and get it. Well you ladies have a nice day.

9. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hook and tape is also known as Velcro.

Roe

11. Likes Judi Gums, Poinciana liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roe Thank you so much for the info. Never heard of it called that. You are so informative.

Post Thanks / Like

Inexpensive yarns

Have any of you ladies tried the yarn from Knit Picks? They carry some beautiful stuff- I have used the Brava which is acrylic. It is $2.99 a skein, on sale often for $2.69. They also have a nice super wash wool that's under $3. I love their yarn- great s/h prices, and wonderful customer service. I have been a die hard Red Heart fan for many years, but this has encouraged me to try new things.

14. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Joyce, we don't want to be cured. We love being Yarn aholics. Pat