Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Linda Kay

I am brand new to crochet talk and can't seem to get to a PM
    Can you help?

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara I knew that would be the answer ?? Was asking to clarify for others. Thanks Barbara G HUGS Susan MJ

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Linda Kay, I posted the information on another page you asked about it.. If you have further trouble please do not hesitateto ask... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to clarify the exchange is for one granny square per partner. Some people may have more than one partner who have volunteered for this option. I am also awaiting private messages from some who said they were interested but I have not received their mailing info, yet. Thank you!

6. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the information. I thought we would get enough to make an afghan by trading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda Kay View Post
    Thank you for the information. I thought we would get enough to make an afghan by trading.
    Over a few months time, you will probably get enough to make an afghan. I have more people sending me information. Let me know how many people you would like to trade squares with. Thanks!

9. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have done this doing embroye it was nice. I can do 6-8 if you have that or just put me in where you need me I can fill in if needed.
    ID Charlye
    personal info removed
    you need a fill in OK
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Good morning! We have a good number of people interested in doing a Granny Square Exchange! Here are instructions for the exchange below and please post if you have any questions:

Crochet Talk Granny Square Exchange - Six Inch Squares

We will be starting with six inch squares for our first Granny Square Exchange. The size will be small enough for us to make and mail easily. The square does not have to be any particular pattern or design. The fun part of the exchange is that we will each receive different squares which can be put together for a Crochet Talk Granny Square Afghan or any other project you would like to create with the squares.

When mailing your square, please take the time to add a short note with your square to the person you are mailing to. It is exciting to do exchanges, but it is even more exciting to receive a personal note along with the item.

Here are some questions for you to send me by private message. Simply click on my name and choose send private message. Type the message and send.

1. What is your Crochet Talk User Name?
    2. What is your given name and mailing address?
    3. How many people are you willing to exchange with? (1, 2, 3, ect.)
    4. Please include any questions you may have with your message.

Did you need help finding granny square patterns?

Here are some resources for patterns which may be helpful for you:

Easy Beginner's Crochet Granny Square Pattern

It’s So Easy! 24 Easy Crochet Granny Square Patterns

Easy granny square crocheting instructions

If you have an easy granny square pattern you would like to share, please feel free to add a link to this thread for the other members to view.

First, I will need to get addresses and information from those interested in joining the exchange. Then, I will pair people up with the number of people they would like to exchange with. I will then post when the names have been sent out and the deadlines for the first set of exchanges.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them!
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 03-06-2014 at 06:44 AM. Reason: personal info removed from post

11. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Barbara, Count me in also if you need fill ins too.. Teresa

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay - I think I have all the names out. Tonight I sent out an addition 40+ messages in partner pairs which equals out to at least 80 private messages.

redhead is taking each of her names and placing them on an index card so she has then handy. This is a great idea that those of you with more than one partner could do. You could also write on the back of the card, the date you sent your granny square out and the date you received one back.

Thank you for your patience as I was putting names together the last few days or so!

15. Likes blueeyes68, teresah, charlye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Barbara, Thank you for this large undertaking with the granny squares.. I know it's not as easy than you would think.. Teresa