Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Holiday Crafting Lists!

So...we haven't got much time left until the holidays are upon us! What's on your to-do list for holiday crafting this year?

My priority project is to finish an afghan for my brother. I'm making it out of granny's daughters, which are essentially the first round of a granny square, to spell out his nickname. I made myself a diagram to work from:

New Picture (4) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

"Jon" is short for "Jonathon," what we've been calling him since he was about three days old. They gray parts of the diagram will be done in a rainbow yarn, Red Heart "Mexicana," and the other parts just simple black. I think he'll like it.

Other stuff I need to do is make a case for the laptop I'm getting my mom, make some throw pillows for my other brother in steelers colors, and figure out something for the other half and his mother. Better get crackin'.
    Last edited by writer_crafter; 10-13-2011 at 03:55 PM.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am making little crochet shapes to make keychains to offer as gifts to relatives and maybe, if i have some time left, I will make a small bag. I do not have much hope on finishing the bag or even starting it any time soon though!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always thought of making a list of people to give gifts to during the holidays but I always end up procrastinating and now the holidays are fast approaching leaving me with so little time to finish much. Anyway, I hope to just make some practical things for the holidays so that they could be more functional than decorative - not only for me if I don't get to give it out, but also to the potential receiver in case they end up as gifts. I also don't plan on making wearables which may take a little longer to accomplish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladies, Sounds like you're all busy crocheting something. I started a light pink shawl yesterday. I'm planning on keeping it for my self, but I'll probably give it away. That's what usually happens. Over the weekend my niece asked me to make a cowgirl outfit for her new born Daughter. I finished that, and am proud of it. The cowgirl hat was easier than I thought.
    After I finish the shawl, I'm thinking about making some shawls to donate to nursing homes. They go fast.
    Have a good day, SusanG

5. Likes Susan2014 liked this post