Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Crochet baby coat

I am looking but having no success in finding a crochet pattern for a baby's coat. If someone has one or know where I can find one, please let me know. In the alternative a jacket pattern that I can convert to a coat will even work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a pattern for a very simple baby jacket. which with a little talent could easily be made into a coat. it is all double crochet with single crochet edging. normally it just ties shut at the neck, but could easily be closed with buttons. Let me know if you want the pattern and I will have to type it out for you. I had a link on it but not sure if it is still available. Another good place to check is crochetpatterncentral.com they have many patterns.
    I am not too weird; everyone else is just too normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, thank you. At your convenience, please send me pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my favorite:

Bella Bambina Knits: Cardigan for Babies

It is so easy and quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    your in luck the link is still active. I will post it for you;

SLK Designs - SLK Baby Sacque/Sweater

hope it works I am not very good at this yet. I love doing this pattern and with a larger hook and worsted yarn it can be made for toddlers. I am thinking of expanding the pattern to see if I can make it for older children or even adults. For a button closure, I would suggest doing extra rows at the closing edge one side with skipped spots to create button holes. Hope this is helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I'm going to use a larger hook and chunky yarn to make it more coatlike and add a collar or hood, and a zipper to make it look like a parka. If I pull it off, I'll send you a pic.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is perfechttp://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/eloise-girls-sweatert. I used Vanna Yarn.
    You can make it longer is you wish, but I made it as the pattern and it is plenty long. Not sweater length, more coat length.

Quote Originally Posted by rhetta444 View Post
    I am looking but having no success in finding a crochet pattern for a baby's coat. If someone has one or know where I can find one, please let me know. In the alternative a jacket pattern that I can convert to a coat will even work.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG!! this is so gorgeous. I'm going to attempt to make this for my little god-granddaughter (7). I wish it came in women sizes. Thank you so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    great maybe try a bit of a furry type of yarn around the cuffs and collar and edge of hood for that real parka effect. I can't wait to see it

10. Likes N/A, missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OHHHHH that would look great. I made mine for fall in all fall colors.
    Can't wait to see how yours comes out.
    Super easy pattern to follow
    Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    great maybe try a bit of a furry type of yarn around the cuffs and collar and edge of hood for that real parka effect. I can't wait to see it