Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Any Special Tips for Steam-blocking Acrylic?

Good morning, all of y'all!

I'm finishing up a scarf which I've made using a skein of acrylic from my plastic canvas stash. Lovely color and gorgeous pattern.

This one definitely needs to be steam blocked because the shell stitch pattern needs some encouragement to show correctly. As it is now it's puffy looking.

Do you have a fave way of steam-blocking? Or any special little tips that you have found to be helpful?

Or any tips on what NOT to do, such as never letting the steamer or iron touch the fabric? Are there any others?
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    good morning. have you tried to just washing it?
    sometimes it reminds the yarn what its to do.
    just a thought

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Billie. No, I haven't done anything yet. That may be just exactly what I'll do. I've been holding off to find out how many possible options there are, but your way is probably the best one anyway!

Thanks ever so much for your reply! And it's always extra nice to run into another South Floridian.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried doing a SC row around the edge. Sometimes it will help mine lay flatter.
    Just a thought.
    Judi G