Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with scarf Please

Hi everyone hope you are warm and safe today!! I just found out how to do the foundation double crochet chain (or double crochet foundation chain !!) I need a scarf pattern that starts with this foundation chain cause I needed to have it finished like Now!! I would like to have all double crotchets and I am not good enough to just make up a pattern like you all can :-) Maybe someday! I just finished hats for girls in an orphanage that we are taking a gift basket to next week there are 4of them all late teens. I would truly appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks soooo much have a great day

Post Thanks / Like
    You can just make your foundation double crochet chain as long or as wide as you want your scarf. Personally I like to make long rows rather than keep turning so often. Then continue with rows of double crochet for as many rows as it takes to get the width or length you want. You can also make it into a cowl or infinity scarf by sewing the ends together.

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    bille thats what I usually do and so much quicker "Happy Holidays ".

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Billie thank you for responding I have the foundation chain the way I want it but don't know what to do for next row. Do I chain 3since they are double crotchets? There are 50 double crotchets in the scarf do I put dc in between the 1st row of doubles? I just want it to look right and not have to tear it out!! I don't know how many rows I will need but I know I will just repeat rows. Thank you again I really appreciate it :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi everyone hope you are warm and safe today!! I just found out how to do the foundation double crochet chain (or double crochet foundation chain !!) I need a scarf pattern that starts with this foundation chain cause I needed to have it finished like Now!! I would like to have all double crotchets and I am not good enough to just make up a pattern like you all can :-) Maybe someday! I just finished hats for girls in an orphanage that we are taking a gift basket to next week there are 4of them all late teens. I would truly appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks soooo much have a great day
    Please don't think I am being pushy I just really need help badly!! BTW where does this site originate? I noticed a huge time difference between site and my home add in Va. Thank you in advance for your kindness

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, sorry I hadn't repiled earlier but I haven't really dealt with foundation dc. I would assume you would ch 3, turn and dc in the next st. I found a video on youtube that starts a scarf with foundation dc. He still works it side to side instead of lengthwise but hope it answers your questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    How many dc foundation chains did you create? If it's an odd number, perhaps you could make a simple pattern such as 2dc, 1ch, sk 1dc, 2dc, 1ch, sk 1dc etc. across each row. Or 2dc, *2ch, sl st in top of 3rd dc, 2ch, 2 dc* and repeat from * to * across. Ch2, turn and begin pattern again with 1dc, *2ch, sl st in top of 3rd dc, 2ch, 2 dc* and continue to the end of your scarf.

I hope this gives you two possibilities. Good luck.