Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: how many chains

Post Thanks / Like

how many chains

Hello! I have a question I lost my chart that I had or should I say I have missed placed it I have a request to make a afghan for a Cal.King size bed but I can't find my chain chart so I was wondering if someone could try to help me on how many chains to chain all I'm doing is a simple afghan with a dc so if someone could help please message thanks wenda

Post Thanks / Like
    Were you wondering how many chains to make it for a certain length?

Post Thanks / Like
    It will really depend upon the type of yarn, and the size of the hook. Determine how many inches across and how many inches the length should be. (I don't know the measurements of a California King, but I'm sure the internet will provide that information). Then, based on the type of yarn (thickness, etc) and size of the hook, you'll have to determine how many to chain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes! That sounds like a monster-size blanket, not an afghan. An afghan can be any size, within limits, that you wish to crochet. If the request is one that covers the entire bed, I guess you'd have to google the dimensions of a Cal. King Size Bed and figure it out from there. It would be very heavy in the size if you use 4-ply. You may want to consider using 3-ply or baby yarn. Good luck and best wishes.

5. Likes MeerKat, wenda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't read the other posts; but what I would do is check the measurements of a king size cover then go by the measurement and right it down for next time. Depending on the pattern you use, you may need to do math to make sure you have your proper amount of stitches plus the number you need for turning. I hope this helps you.
    I am not too weird; everyone else is just too normal.

7. Likes wenda liked this post