Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: general

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy general

I've been working on various crochet projects and more times than not, get a goin on one w/one size crochet hook and start up another project with a different size hook. Needless to say, I forget which size hook I was using when I go back to work on a project. Does anyone have or know of a way to tell which size crochet hook was used on an item? I usually put the hook I was using right in the project, but sometimes I need that size for another project.

2. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy multiple sizes (using coupons) since I tend to work on multiple projects at the same time and often use the same size. One way is to pin a little note on the project you are working on with the size hook you are using for that project.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know because I don't typically operate that way. I leave my hooks with my projects. I also have more then one of the more commonly used sizes (for me). Do you keep the pattern with the project? It would say there what size you need. Or maybe you could papaerclip a piece of paper to the project with the size written on it.

5. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I buy multible sizes and in diff colours so I just weave it in my skein as done???

7. Likes MeerKat, seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a piece of paper with the hook size on it with the project. If it's in a bag by itself I drop in the bag. If it's with other items you could slip a safety pin through the note and safety pin it to the project.

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quite a few solid suggestions, as usual!

11. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I also leave my hook in my project and have more than one in the same size. Looking at the pattern doesn't help, because I rarely use the same size hook the pattern calls for, as I tend to crochet a bit tight. So I went one size higher than the pattern, and that wasn't working, so I had to go up one size and that worked. Sometimes, I tend to lay a project down in my chair when I get up to do something else, and end up losing the hook. I have had to turn the chair over to find my lost hook. If the cat doesn't find it and drag it behind something, that is.

Do any of you have a favorite hook you use more than any other? I do... and I have no idea where it came from, because the only writing I can see on it says, 'made in Mexico' and the size. The point end is very faded, so it must be rather old. But I love the feel of it, and for some reason that I can't explain, every time I am using it, I get a cozy, warm feeling. I am thinking it might have belonged to my mother... not sure. She passed away in '02 and I inherited her yarn and the two projects she was working on at the time. Anyway... when I am not using it I keep it in a special box my hubby made for me. I thought I had lost it once and actually had a panic attack till I found it stuck in a ball of yarn!!

Post Thanks / Like
    So Glad you found that needle? I do the same have multible of most used needle & get 2. It works best for me also, sometimes
    I jot it on my to make list?? Happy Holidays

Post Thanks / Like
    You just gave me a brilliant idea for making stitch markers.. I found some jewelry findings that are large lobster claw clasps with a D ring on end you could use something like that and put a large jump ring on with a bead that is large enough to write on and write the hook sizes on them then when you stop on a project, put one on where you stopped so you can go back to it later and never forget which hook you used.
    Thanks for the idea.
    I am not too weird; everyone else is just too normal.

15. Likes N/A, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2 favorite hooks, One is an H hook and the other isan I hook. I have three sets of them and paid $4 for a set of 6 about 15 years aago. Mosst people hate the lastic hooks but I just love them. I love the feel of them in my hand. I know most people don't like the Plastic hooks but I hate crocheting with the others. I have to make sure I don't lose them because they don't make them like these anymore. I have seen something simular but there just not the same..

I hate a friend who crocheted only with a size 7 steel and she made everthing with that one hook, thread and also yarn, never could figure out how she could crochet yarn with that small hook. She never learnt to read a pattern but just makes it up as she goes along.