Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

December 2013 Crochet Talk Contest for Charity - Join the Participation!!

The holiday season is the time for giving to others in the community! Here is your chance to help the homeless and those in need including those in hospitals as well as domestic violence shelters!

Crochet Talk would like to hold the Charity Event to help others and give back to the community!

How can you participate as a member?

There are a few ways in which you can help. First of all, you can create crochet or knit hats for those in need. The hats can be any size from preemie to adult. They can be any color you choose to create. This is a great way to use of some of the yarn you have sitting around.

Would you rather create mittens? You can also create crochet or knitted mittens to donate as well. You can choose the colors of choice here as well.

Do you like to create scarves? The homeless and those in domestic violence shelters can also use scarves to help them stay warm. You can create and donate a crocheted or knitted scarf (or scarves) in any color you choose.

Where do I mail the items?

When you have finished created your items, please contact me by private message for mailing address. If you do not have the money to mail them, please send me a message letting me know how many items you created and where you would like to donate them.

If you live in another country, then you can still participate by creating your items and giving them to a place of need in your area. Please contact me to let me know how many items you created and where you donated them, so I can make note of it for the contest.

How can I get others involved?

Working on a charity project is a great way to get others involved. If you know of a church group or crochet/knitting group who would like to help, please let them know about this charity event. Invite them to join us here on Crochet Talk!

Do you have a blog? Share our information on your blog and let others know about this crochet charity run!

Information Needed for Press Release: We would like to also have a press release on how many items were made, how many people participated, and where items were donated.

Do you have questions?

Please post questions here in this thread! Thank you and Happy Crocheting!
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 12-01-2013 at 10:26 AM.

2. Likes N/A, wenda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Idea. Can I send only 3 or more?? I may make scarves or Hats does it matter? Do we need to tell you what we are making?

I am very Anxious to help out I will Join Barbara........ If someone wants to donate $$$$ instead for Postage for those that need Shipping Help could they? THANKS Barbara G

How do we choose where/ do you give us address??
    Last edited by Susan2014; 12-01-2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: added to

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

If people wanted to help with shipping, that is fine. You have my address from the exchanges. I do not want to post my address here in the forums publically. If you know of a hospital or abuse shelter in your home town, you can donate there if you would like. If you can, it would be nice to take a picture and let me know what items you made and how many. You can make as little or as many items as you would like to do.

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara New to me so bare with me: Does it start NOW & when does it end?? I think I allready know answer BUT need to be sure. Thanks With Love

Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Barbara I would love to help so how can I get involved with this I have already got a scarve made and would be willing to make some hats just let me know and thank you wenda

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M J View Post
    Barbara New to me so bare with me: Does it start NOW & when does it end?? I think I allready know answer BUT need to be sure. Thanks With Love

Susan M J
    Great question! It is going for this month until the last day. If others still want to continue after the holidays, we can do that as well.

But for "contest" purposes those who get involved this month they will be entered into a drawing. Does that make sense?

Let me know if you have more questions! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wenda View Post
    Hello! Barbara I would love to help so how can I get involved with this I have already got a scarve made and would be willing to make some hats just let me know and thank you wenda
    Hi Wenda,

If you want to make some more things, that is fine. Then, let me know later if you want to donate them locally or mail them to our area. Either one is fine - the main thing is being a help to others in the community.

Also, let me know if you have any other questions! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    I make hats, scarves and mittens and take them to the local food shelf. I imagine that some people using that program may have other things that they need a hand with. At Christmas time I also crochet up things that could be considered gifts and take them to the food shelf. My idea is for someone to be able to take something and give it as a gift. Or if they need it to keep it themselves to keep the item. In the gift area I include the hats, scarves, and mittens but also baby sweaters, children and adult slippers, dishcloths, bibs, grocery bags, and tote bags.

11. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I should do that, Church in our area has a Food Shelf or use to, Ill check. Thanks for Ida & MERRY XMAS TRUDE. SMJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara G Susan M J I will be giving 4 hats, 4 scarves, 2 mittens to Church in our Neighborhoo
    2 Blankets, 1 reindeer, 1 Bear, Xmas potholders