Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Post Thanks / Like

Question Baylie Bear Cowl

"I worked up a pattern but heavily altered the pattern, can I post the edited pattern as my own?" I get this question all too often. Today's blog post will cover my answer to this question...

Crochet Baylie Bear Cowl Modifications - Dearest Debi patterns

2. Likes pbjones80 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for clearing that up! I've always wondered about that too, but then I just work patterns I've gotten from somewhere else unless it's an afghan. LOL
    Dinah

4. Likes DearestDebi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for clearing that up Debi, it sounds right to me. I often start a pattern and make changes if I want a different look but to keep the overall look of the pattern. I don't sell my things however. I just crochet for myself, family and friends.
    Judi G

6. Likes DearestDebi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use to do that a lot too. People really like to ask where patterns come from so I found it easier to list my edits on ravelry when I create a project or on my blog. But I would never copyright the pattern itself. I also hope that people would have the same respect for the patterns I write out.

8. Likes Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a cute bear hat, Debi, you always create the greatest things! I've ran across some of your things on Pinterest. I've quickly become a Pinterest-junkie lol. Thank you for posting your pics and your patterns on your blog - and for always being conscientious about copyrights. Like a lot of the others here, I usually end up with my own creations after following a pattern. I guess I'm just a non-conformist at heart.

Shelley

10. Likes DearestDebi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I have a problem sticking to the guidelines. It's nice to add a personal touch to items.