Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Antibacterial Yarn for dishcloths.

We got this new yarn in my yarn shop recently and I thought I would try it out. IT's called antibacterial Colourway. I wanted to try it out because all my dishcloths made from cotton just don't hold up to our kitchen.

I have made a few dishcloths with the antibacterial yarn and it's holding up really well in the kitchen. I think I might just be swapping out my cotton dishcloths!

I used 2 strands to work up a SUper Thick Dishcloths. Free pattern HERE

2. Likes Judi Gums, NitaT, andyj, Nanatwo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do we go for the prices and colors?

4. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

6. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband bought some antibacterial dishcloths ! Instructions read for continued antibacterial effect wash with 1/2cup bleach aadded to the wash water. Just saying . Coincidentally, thats what i do to keep my regular cotton dishcloths clean and white.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am curious.... because it is antibacterial when it is made, is it still antibacterial when you purchase it, how long does it stay that way? until you use it the first time? until it gets wet? and if you use an antibacterial soap on any washing cloth, wouldn't that make it an antibacterial item for the time being. -not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand the science and logic. -janine

9. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If i remember right it was 3or4usages. The tag has faded from the washings ! I don't know about the Science of it , but the common sense of it is that anything that is antibacterial(however they do that?) will be that way until it gets some bacteria on it.the only science i know about this is that all this antibacterial stuff on the market and the overuse of antibiotics has caused the bacteria to be resistant to antibiotics. Also there are some bacteria that are beneficial without which we could not digest our food.

11. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, i forgot to mention, clorox was the company , i think , that made the dishcloths. LOL !

Post Thanks / Like
    I wash all my laundry with charlie's soap, sometimes with some added oxy for an extra clean boost when washing towels/dishcloths, I rarely use bleach as bleach will quickly destroy material fibres. I found washing care instructions on this website before purchasing the yarn. Dralon® GmbH - Hersteller von strapazierfähigen Acrylfasern The site states that normal wash at 40 degrees Celsius is sufficient.

I've been using the material in my dishcloths for about 2 months now and unlike my cotton dishcloths, they don't get that mould/mildew smell to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    DearestDebi I like your Yarn as I have so much now have to wait a little while. Thanks Ill be back HUGS

15. Likes DearestDebi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am on a yarn spending freeze myself. Must use up some of what I have.

17. Likes N/A liked this post