Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie. From one Michigander to another.

Post Thanks / Like
    We seem to do what we want. I always ch2 for DC and prefer it. My theory is that the DC st is a 2 hgt since you yo and pull thru only twice; and it helps on sides of afghans for me. Others say must ch3 to have a base to work into---but we skip the 1st DC on rows and I get my rational. It's just a preference you choose like many things in crochet....and there are so many other differences out there too in other areas of crochet. I have my own method for filet as well. I also believe filet increases caused the birth of DC and TR foundation chaining and the sc cord became the sc foundation method. If you recall, in knitting, the I-cord "invention" was really caused by a beginner's error! There are those out there who can't stand to crochet in spiral and have to have their rounds...it's just how we are......

3. Likes amanda, Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Thanks Barbara G! and Thanks everyone else that told me about chaining 2 for dc so there isn't a gap. How does a person find something they've posted or something someone else posted?
    I'm not sure on that one myself, Jean Marie. I'd probably have to resort to the search button. Hopefully someone here knows of a quicker way.

5. Likes andyj liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend told me about this when I was complaining about those gaps! What a difference it has made in the appearance of the item. So many books and charts tell us to chain 3, too. I wonder why when the chain 2 works so much better. Lots of good info on this forum!

7. Likes andyj liked this post