Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
    Post Thanks / Like

How to make center pull yarn balls

I came across these great instructions yesterday. I had first watched a video that made it look very complicated and time consuming. So I did a search and came across this one from Lion Brand.

One Trick to Turn Any Yarn Into a Center-Pull Ball | Lion Brand Notebook

This one is SO easy - and it works!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great idea! I kinda did that the other day, but I was using the yarn from the outside of the ball, therefore getting it tangled with that middle piece that I had hanging out, which kept getting longer because it kept getting tangled! Geeze, would of been MUCH easier to have just used the one in the middle. Well, that definitely wasn't an "ah ha" moment for me!!

3. Likes tammyc77, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great thread to share... always wanted to learn how to this and it is so simple.... Thank you sooooo much for shareing this tip.
    warmly, shirley

5. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfectly clear instructions -- I just wish I had these instructions 40 years ago! This is such an easy tutorial to follow and makes crocheting so much easier then dealing with balls of thread which tend to snarl when they unwind.

My thanks to you for these instructions!
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

7. Likes tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow what a great idea and super-easy instructions too!!! Thanks!

Shelley

9. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!

11. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a much better way than I had been doing it. Because I have missing fingers on my right hand (which I am right-handed) I've always used a small empty medicine bottle, stuck in about an inch of the yarn & put the cap back on. The I'd wind the yarn around the bottle a while. Eventually I'd take my winding from around the neck to cover parts of the bottom of the medicine bottle. I continued to wind til it's all done, tuck the end into the wound ball & uncap the bottle to reveal the beginning piece. It makes a kinda large hole in the center but it has worked for me. Now I can't wait to try this new way! Thanx for the post!!

13. Likes tammyc77, Trenarah liked this post