Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula, continental knitting, as far as I know, is holding the yarn in your left hand and using the knitting needle to grab the yarn for the stitch. The way I do it is wrapping the yarn around the knitting needle with my left hand instead, not wrapping the yarn around my left hand , although sometimes I wrap the yarn around the knitting needle with my right hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Spoula, continental knitting, as far as I know, is holding the yarn in your left hand and using the knitting needle to grab the yarn for the stitch. The way I do it is wrapping the yarn around the knitting needle with my left hand instead, not wrapping the yarn around my left hand , although sometimes I wrap the yarn around the knitting needle with my right hand.
    Sounds like a Combined Method.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeToo! View Post
    Sounds like a Combined Method.
    Although sometimes I wrap the yarn around the knitting needle with my right hand I like it wrapping the yarn around the knitting needle with my left hand better because it's faster.

4. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    @Spoula. Countless thanks for that link. I can't believe there are so many instructional videos on continental knitting.

6. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,

The thing I like about continental knitting is that I don't wrap the yarn around the needle. I let the needle pick up the yarn. Continental knitting is faster than throwing the yarn with your right hand. I have a friend that knits and uses the throwing method (yarn in her right hand). She came to my house, and we made baby sweaters together for her twins. We started at the same time her way and my way, and my sweater was finished way before hers. I like the continental way best it works for me. I tried the other way when I first wanted to learn how to knit, and I could not keep the yarn on the needle it kept dropping off and I kept making mistakes. Until I saw the video on how to knit continental style. I am still a work in progress when it comes to knitting. I like a challenge and learning something new.

Thanks for asking about the M1's for me with your knitting friends. I don't like the way they looked on the sleeves, so I am looking for some other stitches to use. The M1 makes big holes, and it made the sleeves bulky. I know you can pull the yarn from the row below to make it tighter. I put the sweater down for now too hot to make it. I will figure out what I want to do with it when it gets cold again.
    Spoula

8. Likes MeToo! liked this post