Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

2. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post
    Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice stitch that will take some time to do (ha). Good and tight stitches.

Thanks for sharing.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Much slower, but an interesting result. Maybe nice for a purse or a cushion cover or some such.

5. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MeToo, I agree with your idea of a purse or cushion. I thought of a purse and a round basket.

Post Thanks / Like
    So...let's get going. Oh wait - I am working on 3 projects right now. Crazy woman.

8. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MeToo, I have picked up embroidery again and I am working on 4 pillowcases. Two are roses and the other two are butterflies for my little one. Also, that darn knit sweater I keep pulling out.
    Jean Marie was nice enough to ask some of her knit friends how to do a better raglan sleeve for me. As you all know I am not a knitter, and I don't know half of the stitches plus I hold the yarn in my left hand like crochet it is called continental knitting.

On a good note, I did finish 2 crochet pool or beach coverups for my youngest granddaughter.

Can't wait MeToo to see some of your finished items you do such good work.
    Spoula

10. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    plus I hold the yarn in my left hand like crochet it is called continental knitting.

I want to learn that. It makes more sense to me. But I am so occupied with a few crochet projects...

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula, When I knit I like wrapping the yarn around with my left hand. Sometimes I wrap the yarn around with my right hand but I like wrapping the yarn around with my left hand better. I have tried continental knitting too but I don't like it that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MeToo,
    I Watched my mother-in-law knit and she is a thrower using her right hand to move the yarn over the needle. I tried to do it that way just to see if I would like to knit. I could not do it that way.

I watched You tube videos and saw one that was using the continental method knitting. I tried that and I was able to do it much better than with my right hand. Since I crochet with the hook in my right hand and the yarn in my left that worked for me.

Here is a link for continental knitting and how to knit faster.
    How to do continental knitting. - Search (bing.com)

14. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Spoula, When I knit I like wrapping the yarn around with my left hand. Sometimes I wrap the yarn around with my right hand but I like wrapping the yarn around with my left hand better. I have tried continental knitting too but I don't like it that way.
    Hi jean Marie, If you like wrapping the yarn over your left hand to knit I think that is called continental knitting. I am not a knitter so I could be wrong but when I go to the Internet and watch videos of yarn on the left hand they call it continental knitting.
    I am sure there are knitters on here so they can let us know.