Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

a different way for a towel topper

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have to see if she wants the top of the handle( above the buttonhole) straight or curved and if she wants a long or short handle. I remember I folded the towel in half and keeping the towel folded as even as possible I sc'd through both sides of the towel and then rows 2-4 I believe was sc across row. Rows 5-9 I believe was sc 2 tog across row. Rows 10-13 was sc 2 tog at the beg of row, sc across row and sc 2 tog on the last 2 sts. of the row. Rows 14-19 was probably sc evenly across row. There was a few more rows on the pattern. I crocheted more rows making the handle longer. And then the buttonhole row and then 2 or 3 more rows w/ 2 tog on ea end of ea row with my last row being 3 sts. I started with and even number of sc's through the towel and ended up with and odd number of sc's on the last row.

This towel topper that I did was some rows sc across row, some rows sc 2 tog on ea end of row and some rows sc 2 tog across row. On the 2nd video above she has sc and sc 2 tog on the same row. I could still do it the way she did it on the second video and crochet a longer handle and after the buttonhole row I could do 2 or 3 rows of 2 tog on ea end of ea row to make it curved on the top of the handle. I'm not sure. I have to talk to her yet to see what she wants.