Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ice Yarn

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Ice Yarn

I just recently discovered that I can purchase some Ice Yarns on Amazon and Etsy. I was very pleased to order Picasso yarn. I have wanted to use this yarn but the shipping was too much for my budget. Amazon was much nearer to what I could spend. Perhaps some others may not know of this availability. Just wanted to share. Happy creating! imalefty

2. Thanks spoula thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the Ice Yarns and have ordered from them before. Thanks for the heads up about other sources for their yarns. I would be interested to know how much per skein you paid on Amazon compared to price per skein if you had ordered from Ice Yarns. Most are put off by the 'shipping' from Ice Yarns, but I would be willing to bet that ordering from Ice Yarns would yield less $$$ per skein? If you take the total cost to include shipping and divide it by the number of skeins purchased, you will have calculated the price per skein and I would be shocked if you don't get it cheaper from Ice. That Picasso yarn looks beautiful and vibrant, by the way. Can't wait to see what you create!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Momto8! I did compare the price and shipping. Pack of 8 balls of yarn was 99 cents more on Amazon. The shipping was the deciding factor. Amazon-$7.99 Ice Yarn site-$14.95. So,in this case I went with Amazon. This might not always be the result but for me Amazon was the best choice. Of course Ice Yarn site has much larger selection of yarn but for what I was looking for I am satisfied. Funnily enough the order ships from Ice Yarns. I plan to make a scarf using the block stitch. Found the pattern and tutorial on YouTube. It will be a Christmas gift. Happy stitching! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Cost per skein of Picasso yarn - Amazon $2.11. Ice Yarns $2.86

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, that is awesome for you! I do a lot of ordering on Amazon and prefer to order strictly from there when I can, but I do like the selections (as overwhelming as they are!) on Ice Yarns. I guess they are testing the waters with the Amazon platform. It seems like a win/win all the way around.

Christmas? When is that? Where does the time go?
    I better get busy to be ready for Christmas!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not too shabby! I'd pay the bit extra to order from Amazon.