Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Hooded Keyhole Scarf for Women

2. Likes Jean Marie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to try this.

At the end of row 16 I have 34 stitches instead of 33 stitches.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 03-20-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll just have to go back and count the stitches again, Jean Marie. It is 33 stitches. I counted it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I already went on ahead.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 33 sts on the 2nd half on row 16 and I counted the first half again and I have 33 sts across the last row. I have 81 rows on the first half. Five more rows than what it says to have.

The keyhole on the scarf is on row 32 on the pattern but since I have 81 rows on the first half I figure that the keyhole of the scarf should go on row 37 - 5 rows after row 32 because I have 5 more rows on the first half so I need 81 rows on the 2nd half of the scarf.

Does that sound right to you? to have the keyhole on row 37?

Since the rows are in the back loop except for the first and last stitch of the row which is through both loops and the first 16 rows are 2 sts in first st and 2 sts in last st I did the first st of the row through both loops and then the second hdc (the second hdc in the first st) through back loop only.

On the last stitch of each row (for 16 rows) I did a hdc in the back loop on the last st and then again on the last st I did a hdc through both loops. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be done that way on the first and last sts of rows 1-16 but that's the way I did it. Maybe it was supposed to be through both loops for the 2 hdc's on the first and the last stitch?

I know I'm repeating myself but I thought this might be clearer and easier to understand.

On the 1st st of the row I did a hdc through both loops and then did another hdc in the 1st st - only this time through the back loop only.

The last st of the row was done w/a hdc through the back loop only and then again in the last st I did a hdc through both loops.

ps. I thought I had 81 rows but I have 82 rows.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 03-24-2020 at 04:45 PM.