Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: slippers

Post Thanks / Like

slippers

Crocheting on both sides of a chain is the start of a slipper but this one is different. It doesn't start with crocheting on both sides of the chain.
    Crochet Patterns Only: Easy Comfy Crocheted Slippers

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing. Is there a picture of the finished slipper? I have a hard time crocheting something with no picture reference as I have a hard time envisioning what it is supposed to look like once completed.

3. Likes MeToo! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering too so I made 1 slipper and started on the other one. It starts with a chain 4 and 11 dc's in 4th ch from hook and join and ch 3 and dc in same space and 2 dc's in the next 11 sts and join so it starts with a circle and then the circle starts to curl already on the 2nd row. The first 11 rounds is the toe part of the slipper. The rest of the slipper is front post dc, regular dc and back post dc. The slipper has horizontal lines on each side. I crocheted an extra row when closing the slipper for the heel because I didn't want it to be too tight and I crocheted 3 more rows on the ankle part of the slipper because I wanted a higher slipper. I am using a I hook for the slippers. On the pattern she says to use a J hook and that you can use whatever size hook you want to.

Under the post 'Filet Crochet' in the Main section is the pattern for the teddy bear square that I posted. If you click on that and then look at the patterns to the right that is where I found the pattern for the slippers.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 12-04-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tutorial and the changes you've made! I may have to give it a go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    I was wondering too so I made 1 slipper and started on the other one. It starts with a chain 4 and 11 dc's in 4th ch from hook and join and ch 3 and dc in same space and 2 dc's in the next 11 sts and join so it starts with a circle and then the circle starts to curl already on the 2nd row. The first 11 rounds is the toe part of the slipper. The rest of the slipper is front post dc, regular dc and back post dc. The slipper has horizontal lines on each side. I crocheted an extra row when closing the slipper for the heel because I didn't want it to be too tight and I crocheted 3 more rows on the ankle part of the slipper because I wanted a higher slipper. I am using a I hook for the slippers. On the pattern she says to use a J hook and that you can use whatever size hook you want to.

Under the post 'Filet Crochet' in the Main section is the pattern for the teddy bear square that I posted. If you click on that and then look at the patterns to the right that is where I found the pattern for the slippers.
    Correction:I crocheted 2 more rnds on the heel part of the slipper w/hdc and then I ss it tog

When doing the heel part I somehow had about 28-30 sts (30 if you count the chain(s) and It looked like I added 2 more rnds after the 20 rows on the 1st slipper so I added 2 more rnds on the 2nd slipper of the fp, bp and reg dc