Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

Nightbird Scarf for Women

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty, but this is knit.

4. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry. I thought it was crochet. I will be more careful in future posts.

6. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem. There are plenty of people here that knit too, plus as a general rule "Jessie at home" usually does crochet items. I was surprised that this scarf was knit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for understanding.

9. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by choiyuk96 View Post
    So sorry. I thought it was crochet. I will be more careful in future posts.
    Hello Choiyuk, I don't think it matters if you post crochet or knits. Those that can crochet and knit can tell the difference just like Nova did and it was a lovely pattern. I for one like both and if I liked it I might try and knit it. I pretty much have tried many of your patterns that you have posted. I am working on that purse you posted the other day. I like the look of the stitch but for me it is too bulky so I am doing the same stitch but a little differently it still looks like the pattern you posted.
    I appreciate all the things you post even if I don't use all of them.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nova, Nice to see you here. I hope your mother is better and that you are getting some rest. I agree with you about seeing Knits or crochet it doesn't matter to me. I like both and I like most of her patterns she posted and have tried many of them.

I hope you will be back soon. Did you put the snowflakes on your santa bag?
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello Choiyuk, I don't think it matters if you post crochet or knits. Those that can crochet and knit can tell the difference just like Nova did and it was a lovely pattern. I for one like both and if I liked it I might try and knit it. I pretty much have tried many of your patterns that you have posted. I am working on that purse you posted the other day. I like the look of the stitch but for me it is too bulky so I am doing the same stitch but a little differently it still looks like the pattern you posted.
    I appreciate all the things you post even if I don't use all of them.
    Spoula
    Thank you for your kind words, Spoula. Glad you like my posts. Have fun making the purse. choiyuk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello Nova, Nice to see you here. I hope your mother is better and that you are getting some rest. I agree with you about seeing Knits or crochet it doesn't matter to me. I like both and I like most of her patterns she posted and have tried many of them.

I hope you will be back soon. Did you put the snowflakes on your santa bag?
    Spoula
    Hi, Spoula! My Mom was able to get the huge hip brace off a couple weeks ago and so she's doing better in that respect. I have since found out that the reason she fell (in April and the time before in last October) was because she was dehydrated. In October she didn't hurt herself, but this time she fell on her replaced hip and dislocated it. I've talked with my siblings and we feel that if I go back to CA she'll just get dehydrated and fall again, so I'll be staying with her in Chicago. (Please excuse me if I'm repeating myself!) My Mom has become VERY forgetful and confuses easily, as well as not having the energy to really take care of the house or even cook for herself, so if I didn't stay with her she'd have to have more assistance or move into an assisted living facility. She's always said she wants to stay in the house, so we're doing our best to keep her wish. Mom is still mobile (with a walker), so she can do quite a bit by herself, and now that all the PT, OT, nurse and Dr appoints are over, we're BOTH getting more rest!

As for the snowflakes on Santa's bag, no I haven't put any snowflakes on yet. The little snowflake buttons I'm hoping will work are back in CA and I'll have to wait until my husband brings my things to Chicago to try them out. I have a total of 12 counted cross stitch projects with me and I'm currently on the third - I'm starting to really get into this! I did receive the Lion Brand Amazing Lace yarn (actually is a #1 fingering) and it is beautifully soft. I have about a million patterns saved on my computer, but I haven't chosen one for this yarn yet. I haven't decided if I'm just going to go through all the cross stitch projects first or if I'll do a crochet project next. Decisions, decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Re that more or less crescent Nightbird scarf, I would like to do a crocheted version if someone has a pattern.