Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Sports?

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Sports?

Is anyone else getting info regarding where to watch sporting events at the beginning of the newsletter? imalefty

2. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t receive the newsletter, however when I check each thread individually, that’s when I see the insane amount of live-stream posts from “new members”.
    Frankly, based on the screen names that these people use, you can normally tell if it’s going to be a spam poster.

4. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello imalefty, Yes I have seen a lot of spam and streaming plus there are a lot of unrelated crochet and knitting post on this site. Maybe there should be folders where these kinds of post go for those that are interested in that.
    It is not easy for the Admin on this site to catch every post. I just read all the post that interest me and the spam and sports I mark them read to clear my page.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Roe and Spoula! With all the craziness with technology at least I know it isn’t only my account. imalefty

7. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you about the user names. If you look at the bottom of the page at who is logged on the names look like sombody just ran their fingers across some keys.

It is my understanding when you link to this site you have to give a valid email address that should be a red flad for the admin if they don't have one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that’s exactly what it looks like that someone was just flailing away at a keyboard without looking when it comes to usernames. Another thing I noticed was that many of the names were beginning with a men’s name and if you go look at their page, the majority showed Man and they were giving all kinds of links that I would never click on. There are currently another four posts from another “new member”. The only way to really stop these is to check each post before it is allowing it online and if it is not acceptable, then it should be removed and banned. There are some websites that will not post anything online until it is approved by a moderator or administrator. It is really sad when these people have nothing better to do than to post unnecessary and absurd live stream events.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all,

Some of them are being blocked from adding posts and some of them are "getting" through the moderation system. The ones from today have been removed. If you see one that I have missed, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Barbara