Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the same thing, no Dyson vacuums or Mr. Coffees or hamburger helper! There's an Irish crochet 3=D butterfly pattern that's beautiful but I'll bet easier than it looks .... but the darn thing is in French and I tried translating it with Google but it came back strange, with words like "road" and "path". I got too frustrated, but I'll try again in a day or two.

2. Likes ceilestereale liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for posting such an awesome link site for old patterns and instructions!

Post Thanks / Like
    That was so cool, Thank you very much, greatly appreciated. Also, HOW DID YOU DO THAT? I am outta time for now but maybe some other time you can share with me just how to share a book like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very intersting, my sister has a bedspread made by our grandmother, it is ubelievable how many hours it must have taken.

6. Likes Tracie Kae, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another great pattern link - edgings and insertions from the 1800's

This one is really neat because the instructions are fairly clear with photos of each pattern. Most of these edgings are very unusual, too, few are any I've seen in today's books. Page 10 has a beautiful cherry edging pattern and page 31 has a star edging that might be neat for holiday guest towels. Here's the link (let me know if it doesn't work for you!)
    The Priscilla crochet book, edgings and insertions; a collection of beautiful and useful patterns, with directions for working

8. Likes Irishjl, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ceilestereale - To post a link the way I did: Step 1) if you find a link to share, copy the complete URL from the address bar at the top of your web browser. Step 2)Then scoot over here to crochet talk forum and find the little box labeled "GO ADVANCED", click on it, and just follow the instructions from there. I copy the web address/URL from step 1 above in the message itself and in the text box labeled "trackback". Step 3) Be sure to click on "Preview Post" before you "post reply" so that you can check for errors. Step 4) If your message looks good to go in the preview, click on "Post reply". Ouila! You can do it!! Tracie

Post Thanks / Like
    It's gonna take me awhile...maybe my son in law will walk me thru it. Thank you for the information..
    Last edited by pittypat; 08-27-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Tracie. Those edgings are totally awesome. So much more intricate and definitely prettier than anything you find today. Will definitely be trying some of them.

12. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! I love the patterns from yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for sharing the link. I want to take time to really look at it, but am fascinated by what I see on first glance.