Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Additions to: Found a good pattern for my heavy yarn

Thanks for the nice feedback everyone. I made some revisions to the bag this morning after thinking about it. I was afraid small items such as crochet hooks, pencils, etc, would find their way through the DC stitches, so I took one strand of white and one of the varigated and with the same "M" hook, made 5 chains then wove them through every 2nd stitch on each row, ending with a knot and small tassle. I like the way it turned out.

Additions to: Found a good pattern for my heavy yarn-secured-2-jpg

2. Thanks Susan2014, TammyB, Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi just have to tell you how much I love this bag. I think this would sell really well as a nice big purse or carry all. Love it!!! Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Winnie, it really wasn't difficult at all. Maybe I'll consider making a few and trying to sell them. Although, I have no idea what I would charge for one. Any ideas?

Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again, how big did you say it is? Any idea how heavy it is? How much did the yarn cost to make it and how long did it take you. Without knowing any of this I would pay about $30 for one. Does this help? Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,

Yes that does help. It only took less than one skein each of the white and varigated Bernat Blanket yarn. I got it on sale at Joanns for $5.00 each (that was with a 50% off coupon). I started it Tuesday evening when I found the pattern. Had the bottom sections finished that night. Then finished the rest yesterday. Then this morning decided to add the tassels to it. So, all in all, I would guess it took me about 4 or 5 hours to complete. Do you think it would sell on Etsy? I've never attempted that before.
    Oh, and to answer your question about the size, it measures 19" across at the very bottom, 14" from bottom to top (not counting the straps) and about 22" high including the straps.

Victoria
    Last edited by Victori1724; 10-01-2015 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Added the measurements

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Victoria, BTW I love your name, I do think they would sell on Etsy but I've never sold on there either. Maybe someone else would like to give you their opinion on it. You have $10.00 in yarn that would cost them $20.00 bc you got it half off I don't think you should be penalized for being thrifty so I would start the price at $20.00 then add what you would charge for your time. Let me know what you figure out and if you put them on Etsy ok? Take care hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate your input. I definitely would have a tendency to undercharge and end up wondering why I didn't make any money. I'll let you know if I get anything listed out there. My creative spurts take on their own personality most of the time, so I never know what my hands are going to want to tackle next. I have so many patterns that I haven't tried and find at least one or two on a daily basis that I have to put in my "someday" pile. I'm going to have to move my Grandson out so I can use the space for my yarn and supplies. But, he's a senior in high school this year, so maybe that idea isn't too far off. My linen closet and bedroom are crowded with bags and boxes of yarn it's crazy. Good thing I'm single or I'd probably run my significant other off screaming haha. Besides all the yarn, I've started selling my Granddaughters used clothes on Ebay. She's 10 yrs old and grew so fast she hardly got a chance to wear all the clothes everyone bought her. And believe me, she is a clothes hound for sure. I've actually done pretty well with that so far, but I still have a storage box full of unsold jeans, t-shirts etc that haven't sold yet. Plus about 15 pair of adult jeans that are listed, and more that I have yet to list, thus making my bedroom unbelievably crowded. I've found that the hardest part about listing items on Ebay (or anyplace else I would guess), is creating the descriptions in a way that makes them desirable. Plus taking the time to take decent pictures of each one. It's pretty time consuming. And if truth be told, I'm a little OCD about it. Everything has to be "just right" so I end up taking tons more pictures than are really necessary. But Ebay has rated me as "Above Standard" so I guess I shouldn't complain. Anyway, I better get myself moving around here. Have a wonderful weekend, Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Victori1724 hello, I love this bag. is there a Link to it? love bags myself.

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you say you found the pattern at

Post Thanks / Like

Mitered Mini-Bag Pattern

I found this pattern on page 68 in my From Needles to Hook: Complete Guide to Converting Knit Patterns to Crochet book. I attempted to scan it, and I'll attach it here, but I can't guarantee how good it will be.

Attachment 13755

Additions to: Found a good pattern for my heavy yarn-pg-2-mitered-mini-bag-pattern-jpg

Well, I tried to put page 1 before page 2 but had problems . So, just pretend the strap portion of the instructions goes last.

If you have trouble reading it, let me know. Maybe I can figure out how to improve it.

Good luck,
    Victoria
    Attached Images Attached Images Additions to: Found a good pattern for my heavy yarn-pg-1-mitered-mini-bag-pattern-jpg 

12. Thanks karenlatlas thanked for this post