Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Victori1724 View Post
    Hi Winnie,
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate your input. I definitely would have a tendency to undercharge and end up wondering why I didn't make any money. I'll let you know if I get anything listed out there. My creative spurts take on their own personality most of the time, so I never know what my hands are going to want to tackle next. I have so many patterns that I haven't tried and find at least one or two on a daily basis that I have to put in my "someday" pile. I'm going to have to move my Grandson out so I can use the space for my yarn and supplies. But, he's a senior in high school this year, so maybe that idea isn't too far off. My linen closet and bedroom are crowded with bags and boxes of yarn it's crazy. Good thing I'm single or I'd probably run my significant other off screaming haha. Besides all the yarn, I've started selling my Granddaughters used clothes on Ebay. She's 10 yrs old and grew so fast she hardly got a chance to wear all the clothes everyone bought her. And believe me, she is a clothes hound for sure. I've actually done pretty well with that so far, but I still have a storage box full of unsold jeans, t-shirts etc that haven't sold yet. Plus about 15 pair of adult jeans that are listed, and more that I have yet to list, thus making my bedroom unbelievably crowded. I've found that the hardest part about listing items on Ebay (or anyplace else I would guess), is creating the descriptions in a way that makes them desirable. Plus taking the time to take decent pictures of each one. It's pretty time consuming. And if truth be told, I'm a little OCD about it. Everything has to be "just right" so I end up taking tons more pictures than are really necessary. But Ebay has rated me as "Above Standard" so I guess I shouldn't complain. Anyway, I better get myself moving around here. Have a wonderful weekend, Victoria
    Hi Victoria, I hope you are having a good day today. I went back and re-read this post what is your eBay sellers name I want to take a look at the things you have there. I have a small Gucci (sp) wristlet my daughter gave me last year for Christmas ,it is brown, and it fits in my new bag just perfectly. I am also going to make a pocket for the inside for small things and my cell phone. My daughter wants me to make her one exactly like mine she said!! When you have time could you email me the pattern for the smaller size and the yarn you used (it has to be exact) my daughter is so funny sometimes. We'll have a good day and I will talk with you this evening. Love Winnie

2. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

heavy yarn

looks like a good one to try and l have just the yarn thanxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan, Well, I spent the weekend lining my bag. The first part was simple. I found an off-white satin-finished pillow case that was very close to the off-white/cream color in the yarn, then trimmed it to fit inside perfectly. Then after I got that done I decided it needed some inside pockets (hind sight being 20-20 haha). I should have taken the lining out and put the pockets on, but no, I decided it would be okay to use fabric glue. So I cut the pockets 4 pockets, 3 medium/small and one large (to fit my Kindle). My idea being to use it for travel. I figured if I fly somewhere, I can also take a sm carry-on suitcase and pretend this bag is my "purse" while also having enough room for the overflow. Well, the glue idea worked, but not very pretty. And it made the fabric stiff and uncomfortable. So, I've decided to take the whole thing out and start over using the matching pillow case and doing it right. I'm not a perfectionist mind you, but, there comes a fine line of, "I'm just not happy with that". I'll post some pictures when I get it right. Huggs, Victoria

5. Thanks missro007 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Victoria, how are you doing? Have you made any more of these bags?? I have had so many compliments on mine I just love it. I am finally feeling stronger and I want to make this purse for my daughter. I know you made mine smaller could you give me the instruction please. I sent you a pm 😊 Thank you love Winnie I sent you my email address.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your bag is awesome!!!