Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Victori1724 View Post
    Hi Winnie,

Yes that does help. It only took less than one skein each of the white and varigated Bernat Blanket yarn. I got it on sale at Joanns for $5.00 each (that was with a 50% off coupon). I started it Tuesday evening when I found the pattern. Had the bottom sections finished that night. Then finished the rest yesterday. Then this morning decided to add the tassels to it. So, all in all, I would guess it took me about 4 or 5 hours to complete. Do you think it would sell on Etsy? I've never attempted that before.
    Oh, and to answer your question about the size, it measures 19" across at the very bottom, 14" from bottom to top (not counting the straps) and about 22" high including the straps.

Victoria
    Hi Victoria,
    I love your purse. I do think it would sell at a craft fair. I was thinking of attempting to sell a few things at a craft fair and I read an article that said that you should triple your cost, so Winnie was about right with the $30 figure. If you google "What is my hard work really worth?" you'll probably see the article, or something similar.

Good luck, Donna

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Donna, I'll check that out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Luck Victoria. Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you do much that was vary sweet of you to do that for me I appreciate it vary much I can crochet really good but I can not knitt I have tried to teach myself from videos books I can't do I would have to have to have someone sit beside me and show me than I could do it but I don't know anyone that knits

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Victoria and everyone else that reads this, I received my (smaller) version that you made today and it is just tooooo adorable. I went to lunch with my brother bc our SIL from Ca was in town. I had to carry this and my daughter and SIL loved it they both want one. I think this would be a HUGE hit on Etsy or anywhere else like a festival or flea market well maybe no flea market bc sometimes people expect to pay very little at those places. I just have to say Victoria , you did a great job making it and downsizing it for me. Thanks again hugs and love Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Victoria, I'd like to add some input since I once looked into Etsy and have patterns free and for sale on Ravelry and Craftsy. Is your handbag going to be lined? People will possibly ask about that, and they like them lined, plus they hold up nicer if they are. For pricing, be sure to browse on there to compare other similar prices so you won't be way out in left field from everyone else. If prices vary a lot, then put whatever you want! Remember to deduct for any Etsy fees you might be paying, and good luck! Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Susan. No it isn't lined, but I've only made the one for myself and I have been considering lining it. I think I might also add some pockets inside or out or both haha. I plan on using it next weekend on a trip I'm taking and unless I use several "make-up" style bags, it will be difficult to find small things inside. I do have a few pieces of fabric that might work. I'll keep you posted. As to the listing, that's something I'll have to do later, after I get it perfected. I do appreciate you input though. I need all the help I can get. Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi just have to tell you how much I love this bag. I think this would sell really well as a nice big purse or carry all. Love it!!! Hugs Winnie
    Hi Winnie, I hope you're having a nice weekend and are doing well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate your input. I definitely would have a tendency to undercharge and end up wondering why I didn't make any money. I'll let you know if I get anything listed out there. My creative spurts take on their own personality most of the time, so I never know what my hands are going to want to tackle next. I have so many patterns that I haven't tried and find at least one or two on a daily basis that I have to put in my "someday" pile. I'm going to have to move my Grandson out so I can use the space for my yarn and supplies. But, he's a senior in high school this year, so maybe that idea isn't too far off. My linen closet and bedroom are crowded with bags and boxes of yarn it's crazy. Good thing I'm single or I'd probably run my significant other off screaming haha. Besides all the yarn, I've started selling my Granddaughters used clothes on Ebay. She's 10 yrs old and grew so fast she hardly got a chance to wear all the clothes everyone bought her. And believe me, she is a clothes hound for sure. I've actually done pretty well with that so far, but I still have a storage box full of unsold jeans, t-shirts etc that haven't sold yet. Plus about 15 pair of adult jeans that are listed, and more that I have yet to list, thus making my bedroom unbelievably crowded. I've found that the hardest part about listing items on Ebay (or anyplace else I would guess), is creating the descriptions in a way that makes them desirable. Plus taking the time to take decent pictures of each one. It's pretty time consuming. And if truth be told, I'm a little OCD about it. Everything has to be "just right" so I end up taking tons more pictures than are really necessary. But Ebay has rated me as "Above Standard" so I guess I shouldn't complain. Anyway, I better get myself moving around here. Have a wonderful weekend, Victoria
    You HAVE been busy, I've done a little of that and it's a ton of work! Good for you, and making $$ too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Susan. No it isn't lined, but I've only made the one for myself and I have been considering lining it. I think I might also add some pockets inside or out or both haha. I plan on using it next weekend on a trip I'm taking and unless I use several "make-up" style bags, it will be difficult to find small things inside. I do have a few pieces of fabric that might work. I'll keep you posted. As to the listing, that's something I'll have to do later, after I get it perfected. I do appreciate you input though. I need all the help I can get. Victoria
    Well, you did all the work, I was just adding some things I'd come across myself. I'm glad you didn't mind me jumping in, I figured that you knew I only meant well. Sharing our experience helps us help each other more, and I to appreciate any kind of advice or suggestions on my projects, any time! I am very impressed that you transferred a knitting pattern to crochet, wow, I don't think I'd be able to tackle that! Do you know know how to knit? Have a good trip this weekend!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-11-2015 at 09:22 PM.