Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Xmas-items !!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Xmas-items !!

This Site has a cute ''Xmas Basket'' Im going to give at Thanksgiving. Link has other really Neat Holiday Items????

Santa's Gift Basket - Patterns | Yarnspirations

Beaded Flower Brooch | AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com

Holly Stocking | FaveCrafts.com
    Last edited by Susan2014; 09-06-2015 at 03:14 PM.

2. Thanks karenlatlas, Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cute patterns, Susan! I saw my first Christmas commercial on TV yesterday. I couldn't believe it lol, it's only the beginning of September.

Shelley

4. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

I live in a medium size town in northern California, it is called Oroville.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I know when my husband and I went to the store the other day we saw them putting out not only Halloween candy which makes sense, but Thanksgiving and Christmas candy too. I was so shocked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting the links. I especially like the stocking. I have some hard to shop for "gift card" people. I could make the stocking and put the card in it with some other stuff.

I don't want to sound like a bah humbug sort of person, but I must say that I find Christmas in September offensive. (Unless you are crafting something, of course.) I used to work in a local department store and I attended the manager's meetings. Well, we would be literally sweating at the BIG TABLE in August, planning our holiday "strategy", which of course included decorating by October first. Just not right. AND, to top is all off, the PC name is no longer Christmas tree. It's a Holiday tree.

I'm just saying.....................

Donna

7. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hobby Lobby in Houston has Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations showcased for purchase. Christmas season won't be over and then Valentine's will be up. It's all about the dollar. We all pace ourselves on what craft we want to work on, anyway. So for me, when I look for Christmas, it's just Christmas and not Halloween or Thanksgiving all wrapped into one.
    Last edited by crochetdiva; 09-11-2015 at 03:12 PM.
    ---HarriEtta

9. Likes Susan2014, vickat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    DonnaB I see that in Grocery Stores,I dontt go to others stores as hubby cant drive far? Thats what I will do with stockings also. Candy, Gift /$$
    Have a Great Fallish weather.

Susan2014

11. Likes vickat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetdiva View Post
    Hobby Lobby in Houston has Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations showcased for purchase. Christmas season won't be over and then Valentine's will be up. It's all about the dollar. We all pace ourselves on what craft we want to work on, anyway. So for me, when I look for Christmas, it's just Christmas and not Halloween or Thanksgiving all wrapped into one.
    You're so right. The almighty dollar has pushed all spirituality on the the back burner. It works out well for us crafters because our work takes time to complete it we want to give them as gifts.

Donna

13. Likes vickat liked this post