Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet Rosebud Stitch

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi choiyuk96,
    Pretty afghan with rosebuds and leaves. I have made some rosebuds and leaves. For the rosebuds it looks like I did 2 or 3 rows of hdc and then rolled it up. For some of the leaves I did:sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc. The smaller leaves looks like:sc, hdc and sc. For the larger leaves it was sc, hdc, dc, tr, dc, hdc, and sc. For the rose, I used a flower loom. For a couple of rosebuds I did 1 row of sc or hdc and 1 row of dc. I have a 6 petal rose and a couple more leaves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you know what you are doing and you[re having fun. Great!

Post Thanks / Like
    The rose with 6 petals took a long time. The other ones were easy. Sometimes I just like to crochet and then fasten off when I decide to and then I like to roll up the crocheted piece to see what it looks like - this is what I probably did for the rosebuds. I probably rolled it up and said "Oh, this looks like a rosebud." Then I put them aside and later did a large square and added onto the square from redhead and decided to put the rosebuds on the squares. And maybe I did the leaves after I did the squares?

Anyways, I can just sit and crochet and not know what I'm making. I just decide what stitch I want to do and crochet and what hook and yarn I want to use. The other day I made a kite. I had seen what someone was crocheting and thought it was pretty and wanted to try it so I did and after I got so far decided it looked like a kite and then crocheted a bit more and then folded it and put a string(chain stitches) and bows(chain stitches) on it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the kite - maybe put it on a square - I'm not sure yet. I also follow patterns.

So, if you want, you can crochet something just to crochet, not knowing what it's going to be, and then roll it up and see what it looks like and if you don't know what to use it for then just set it aside and then you'll think of what to use it for later on.

A long time ago I crocheted something and put a wooden bead on for the head and cut a paper in the shape of a sheet music or book and wrote 'Silent Night' and I probably had angel wings on it and had it like it was holding a sheet music and gave it to my Mom one year for Christmas as a Christmas ornament.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 02-26-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! That's a lot of work. How big are you making your afghan?

Post Thanks / Like
    These are large squares I have done, not afghans. They're about 26 x 26(28) and 31(33) x 37. The larger one fits over an old chair, couch cushion. It may have been a lot of work but I had fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the site the rose bud is so pretty. Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Having fun is what's important. I crochet because it's fun.

Glad you like it, Sue. You're welcome.