Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  66
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf

I happened upon this scarf and I fell in love! I also found some of her other scarves online in a retail shop - they sell for over $300 each. I don't know her whole story but it seems she's doing a good thing.
    So I decided to try to figure out how to do this and I've come close. I'm still not crazy about the first petal so I'll work on that. Here it is:

Tiny Flowers Pattern (about 1")

Size 10 Crochet Thread / Size 7 steel (1.65 mm) crochet hook

Center:
    Using a magic circle work 12 sc in the circle. Tighten the circle and fasten off.

Petals:
    1) Using a regular slip knot beginning, attach in one of the sc's. Ch 3, 1 dc in same sc. Ch 2.
    2) Work as follows - * YO, slip hook through the next sc, YO and pull loop through. YO and slip hook through same sc, YO and pull loop through (you should have 5 loops on hook). YO and pull loop through all 5 loops on hook. YO and pull through loop on hook tightly. Ch 2.* Repeat * to * around. You should have 12 petals and 12 ch 2 spaces.
    3) Make many, many flowers, attaching them with/in the ch 2 spaces as you go (2 spaces at the 12, 3, 6, 9 o'clock positions).

First time ever putting words in photos - can you tell??!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-d50e843e1ad5a463ae082b87b899ab2a-jpg Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-sany0323-jpg Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-sany0331-jpg Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-sany0332-jpg Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-sany0334-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    HI I think you did a very good job. I am a nerd so no way could try this. Its very nice. CONGRATS. Susan MJ

3. Likes elproct liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just lovely. Imagine all the wonderful color combo's. I love thread crochet this is top on my to do list. Thank you!!
    Blessings,
    Kiti

5. Likes mflyman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the original and thank you so much for your VERY helpful directions and photos! Could you possibly show a photo of the joining of the motifs together "as you go?" I think I get what you are saying, but am not positive.

THANK YOU!!!

7. Likes elproct liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is just Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing such beautiful work!!

9. Likes elproct, mflyman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tiny Flowers, Part Two

For OKWTink and anyone else who is interested, here are the revised instructions for "Tiny Flowers" including how to connect the flowers:

Size 10 Crochet Cotton / Size 7 (1.65mm) steel hook

Center: Using a magic circle, work 12 sc in the circle. Tighten circle and fasten off.

First Petal: Leaving a 2" tail, put hook through a sc, pull up a loop (about 1/4" long). YO, put hook through same sc, pull up loop (about 1/4") - 3 loops on hook now. YO and pull up another loop (5 loops on hook). YO and pull through all loops, YO and pull through loop on hook tightly. CH 2.

Regular Petal: Work as follows - * YO, slip hook through the next sc, YO and pull loop through. YO and slip hook through same sc, YO and pull loop through (you should have 5 loops on hook). YO and pull loop through all 5 loops on hook. YO and pull through loop on hook tightly. Ch 2. NOTE: All loops pulled up to create the petal itself should be worked a little longer than you would normally - this helps give it a "petal" look.

Connecting Petals: *Work regular petal up to, but not including, Ch 2. Ch 1, work 1 loose sc in Ch 2 sp of the flower you're connecting to, Ch 1.* Repeat * to * one more time. After making the two connecting petals, work one regular petal or more, depending how many connections you need.

You will use 2 petals for every connection made. Depending what row your on, you will work one to four sets of connecting stitches. Just think of them as a clock - 12, 3, 6, or 9 positions as needed.

Hope this helps - it took me forever to figure this out and it shouldn't have! But I did learn that I should wait a day or two to work out the wrinkles regarding the pattern. Oh well, practice makes perfect (or at least a little better!).
    Attached Images Attached Images Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-sany0379-jpg Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-sany0380-jpg Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-sany0383-jpg Gorgeous Sophie Diggard Nitro Linen Scarf-sany0384-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful, Thanks for sharing
    I am going to try this out. Your instructions seem pretty clear to me.

12. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    may i ask how many flowers you need the make??

Post Thanks / Like
    Love this pattern. Thank you so much for writing it out for all of us. One question (so far!): In the beginning "Magic Circle", how many chains?
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the nice comments. I love this scarf and I will make one in cotton thread eventually, but I need to get a white rabbit done first (darn those promises!).

For Nettielou - Each flower is about one inch in diameter, so if you wanted to make a 5-foot-long scarf you'd probably make 55 - 60 flowers for length per row, and then however many rows you would want (6 rows = 6 inches). So for a 6" wide x 5' long scarf you would make between 330 to 360 flowers. I have a varying amount because I believe the connecting stitches will add a little to the measurement so you could have less flowers to make. I also think this pattern could be worked up as a dresser/sideboard scarf, a valance or edging for kitchen curtains, a decorative center for a table, and probably a whole lot more that I can't think of right now!

For MeeMaw: You don't do a magic circle with chains. You take the thread/yarn and make a circle with it as you would the regular slipknot start. With your hook, bring up a loop into the circle, YO and complete a slip stitch. From this point you work your stitches around the circle; tighten the circle by pulling on the tail. You can close the circle of stitches with the regular slip stitch or an invisible join. The nice thing about the magic circle is that you can have even stitches around the circle and sometimes close the circle completely. If I wasn't clear enough, this site might help - How to Crochet the Magic Circle | AllFreeCrochet.com.

Hope this helps!

16. Thanks baby60 thanked for this post
    Likes cybarra, nettielou, bakerbrats1952 liked this post