Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  66
Page 10 of 11 First ... 891011 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for all your compliments - I really appreciate it. My business isn't doing anywhere near what I had hoped so far - your comments give me hope!

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nova55, Just cant understand why Business is down some, your things are lovely. Is there something I and others can do to help. DONT give up ! Do what you do Best. Let us know and have a Great week-end. Get some you time.

Susan2014 (fb Susan M Jensen)

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you have a blog, and a bonanza spot ( whatever that is called) and I have trouble remembering them could you put a link on your about you ( on your profile, see top right of this page) place here ? Some people put links on the bottom of their posts, I think it's okay, that would help, too. I couldn't find the bonanza spot yesterday.

5. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I know how you feel. Hope ist gets going good for you soon!

7. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you make several centers, and then start adding them to the scarf in groups? Or do you have to crochet a center, then the petals, then the next center?

Post Thanks / Like
    ARACHNE - I did mine row by row lengthwise, then hand sewed the rows together. I don't suggest doing that because it's way too time consuming, But I began the row by crocheting all the centers for it first; then as you create the petals you can crochet the flowers together.

SUSAN2014 - I think the major problem is that I need to get the word out and I don't really have money for advertising. FB gave me $50 worth of free advertising and it really helped. Also, just recently I ran 2 different posts, one showing a yarn-bombed trolley on wordpress and another showing a joke on FB. I am amazed at the reach both of those had. So I'm thinking that my posts about my crochet are boring and I should spice things up a bit. I'm throwing around the idea of showcasing a crochet artist once a month or so and also (just to shake things up) just do a short piece on something interesting or quirky - like the woman who decided to take a 3-D printer and create special "houses" for hermit crabs. I have also been badgering my sister to help me with social media - just to throw a photo out with my store URL every now and then, because that would help too. I realize that many people don't have money to buy patterns, even if they would like my patterns. And that brings up the point of making patterns for lacy items. Many people don't want to or can't deal with crochet threads. I think for winter I need to break out my H, I, and J hooks and make something warm. And even though I love making scarves, I know I need to broaden the scope of my patterns too. See how complicated this all gets?

SLVHANSEN - Thanks!

KITTY - You brought up a problem I just realized I had, and I can't really fix it. Bonanza only allows 20 spaces for a store's name and my name has 1 too many, so I had gone with my user name of Nova55. Stupid move. I have just changed that now, so the URL for my store is The Crocheted Butterfly at Bonanza - Crafts, Adult Clothing, .... If someone now puts The Crocheted Butterfly in bonanza's search box, they'll get a little pic of my butterfly with 2 names - click on either of those and you should get to my booth. This could have been a major part of the problem. DUH. I have a post in the Vendors section of CT with my info. My wordpress is https://thecrochetedbutterfly.wordpress.com, and my FB is https://www.facebook.com/TheCrochetedButterfly. If you scroll down in FB 2013 you can see all the items I had originally made to sell.

10. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nova55 I Thank you for Post about your Business etc. Very interesting was not aware all that goes into doing this. You have my Prayers & Good Thoughts for You, tell Sis to help it sounds like you 2 could do this. Thanks for links to WP & FB & will check into CT 2013 patterns. Im sure Ive got them.

Susan2014

12. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

beautiful project!

Hello Nova, I had no idea this post was going to be 10 pages long (ALL of them!!) I started read them and they spanned time space of a year or more!! I really like this scarf and you have put so much time and effort to make it very interesting to all of us. I want you to know I really appreciate all the post and pictures you have given us. Sooo much help and info! I have just now printed what I thought would be just the page I wanted and got 8 pages! I will be trying to make one of these. The only thing is I have never used such small yarn but it would be great as an afghan made with baby yarn or something like that.

I did start, one time, to make a lot of small centers from all my scrap lengths of yarn but I never did get around to making anything of them. I still have a lot of small pieces of yarn.

I have been working on bedspreads for my 3 grandsons. 2 of them are twin size and the 3rd one is full size. They are crocheted using camoflague yarn, inspired by the TV show Duck Dynesty which my grandkids just love. Now I have to make another one for my granddaughter but making it of pink camo (made specially for girls). I am anxious to get started on that one! Thanks again !, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 09-05-2015 at 06:50 PM.

14. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nova 55- Sorry your business is not going very well. I have a little Crochet items store on Etsy and is not doing well. I Have just liked your Facebook page and will forward your posts on to others. That is what I have asked people to do with my Facebook page and I have a link to my etsy shop on there. My family forwards, but others are not so good at it. But I wil share what I can to spread the word for you.

16. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When I considered doing a blog I thought of doing 1 project a month that was seasonal and simple and free for beginners. Also doing a new stitch maybe once a week or so. But mainly just talking about the project I was working on, and techniques for doing it. I practiced it on paper, with notes and patterns. I got all the way from January to Easter and my Blue Bunny was too hard to stop working on , too big a project for the blog,so I did that instead. And a smaller bunny, and a dog...that was my Amigarumi summer. good luck, I get too sidetracked to do a blog. Anyways, don't forget the beginners.

18. Thanks Susan2014, Nova55 thanked for this post