Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  66
Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SLVHANSEN - Give me your FB and etsy URLs. Anyone willing to help me deserves the same in kind! Also, can you sign up for the Vendors section of CT? I know I haven't done much with it yet, but I'll think of something.

REDHEAD - Thank you so much for the nice comments. I have thought that I might take a chance with designing some warm scarf/hat sets, and then a baby blanket/layette set. I'm not a fast crocheter, so designing an afghan would take me forever! I'm sure your grandchildren will love those blankets.

SUSAN2014 - Now that I've gotten in so deep, I can't help but wonder if I had known at the beginning how many hats I'd have to wear for this business would I have done it anyway. It would be great if I could get a mentor, because as far as I know, no one has written a book on how to establish a handicraft business with step by step instructions. I've read a lot of theories and generalized ideas but they only go so far. The other aspects I didn't talk about were advertising, marketing, affiliates, and trying to get your designs published. Oh, yes, business runs very deep!

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Friend I Hope & Pray for you to follow your Dreams in this Field. So interesting about what it takes to do a Business etc. My best to you and have shared several places on-line. Susan2014

4. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nova55

My Facebook page is Sandras Crochet Corner. There is a link there to my Etsy shop. Thanks.
    I will sign up in Vendors section of CT also.

6. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I have 'Profitable Crafts' book in pdf files... If you are interested, I will send you privately, Ada

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it, UGH OH I think that this is going to be on my list of next projects, Just finished up an infinity scarf for a Christmas swap still need to make the basket though then this. I think that you did a wonderful job with the pictures, can't wait to get this one going. I will share picture her when I finish it up.

9. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, thank you for allowing me to join.

I have seen some lovely patterns from this group, quite challenging to be sure. Hopefully my fingers and my mind will co-operate long enough for me to accomplish some of your wonderful offerings.

11. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the post.Gorgeous work done by you.Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Vessel View Post
    I have seen some lovely patterns from this group, quite challenging to be sure. Hopefully my fingers and my mind will co-operate long enough for me to accomplish some of your wonderful offerings.
    Hi and Welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    Thank you so much for the nice comments. I love this scarf and I will make one in cotton thread eventually, but I need to get a white rabbit done first (darn those promises!).

For Nettielou - Each flower is about one inch in diameter, so if you wanted to make a 5-foot-long scarf you'd probably make 55 - 60 flowers for length per row, and then however many rows you would want (6 rows = 6 inches). So for a 6" wide x 5' long scarf you would make between 330 to 360 flowers. I have a varying amount because I believe the connecting stitches will add a little to the measurement so you could have less flowers to make. I also think this pattern could be worked up as a dresser/sideboard scarf, a valance or edging for kitchen curtains, a decorative center for a table, and probably a whole lot more that I can't think of right now!

For MeeMaw: You don't do a magic circle with chains. You take the thread/yarn and make a circle with it as you would the regular slipknot start. With your hook, bring up a loop into the circle, YO and complete a slip stitch. From this point you work your stitches around the circle; tighten the circle by pulling on the tail. You can close the circle of stitches with the regular slip stitch or an invisible join. The nice thing about the magic circle is that you can have even stitches around the circle and sometimes close the circle completely. If I wasn't clear enough, this site might help - How to Crochet the Magic Circle | AllFreeCrochet.com.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you! Love this

15. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post