Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Need Help Selling on Etsy, Ebay or Amazon? Ask Me Anything

If you need help selling online please feel free to post questions. I have a lot of experience with Ebay, Etsy and Amazon and always like to pay it forward

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out of the three - which one is your most favorite way to sell and why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara

For handmade I sell more on Ebay than Etsy which is a bit odd. But I do like both Etsy and Ebay for handmade. Etsy has lower fees but not near the traffic Ebay has. Quality handmade really stands out on Ebay where on Etsy you have a lot more competition. A lot of people put Ebay down; but I have sold probably 4 to 1 more crochet scarves on Ebay than I have Etsy. Ebay has really changed over the last couple years in a good way! I know another woman that sells hand crocheted baby blankets on Ebay and sells like crazy.

Out of all venues Amazon is hands down the highest seller. But the learning curve is huge. I never recommend anyone sell on Amazon unless you have conquered Ebay first. We sell handmade jigs for paracord on Amazon and they sell like hotcakes. We also sell more crochet blades on Amazon then any other venue. But they are very strict. You have to ship very fast!

5. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the years past, I sold a huge amount of personal items on Ebay and there are alot of advantages to using the site! I have sold books on Amazon in the past, but have not used Etsy at this point and time. But, I love to hear what others are doing and how it is working for them!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be interested in learning more about selling on Amazon.

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I have never sold anything online. I would like to sell but I have doubts. Mail is vary bad these days and letters go for month or more and even can disappear. If I send anything to customer and she won't get it... it s problem. Another problem is payment. How you get money? Here I buy from online store and pay when they deliver. Thank you for attention. Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello! I have never sold anything online. I would like to sell but I have doubts. Mail is vary bad these days and letters go for month or more and even can disappear. If I send anything to customer and she won't get it... it s problem. Another problem is payment. How you get money? Here I buy from online store and pay when they deliver. Thank you for attention. Larisa
    On eBay, it is great to have a PayPal account for buyers to pay you. You receive payment instantly when someone buys something which is really nice. Larisa, do you have access to PayPal in the Ukraine? Are you limited on the number of stores you can buy from online due to them receiving payment upon you receiving the products?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I'd be interested in learning more about selling on Amazon.
    Hello admin,

I have sold books on Amazon and you list them on the site with ease. Then, Amazon sends you an email when you sell one so you can ship it out within a certain number of days. I have only sold books on Amazon and Half.com.

On eBay I have sold probably a thousand items plus (of different things) which is quite a bit for me. I used to shop for clearance items and put the items on eBay. For example, I found Elmo computer mice one year being cleared out at Wal-Mart for about $3-4 each and sold them on eBay for around $25 to $28 each. I was amazed on what people will bid to pay for on different things. I really enjoyed doing it in the past! It does take some effort but can be very rewarding!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think PayPal is limited here. We have cash and I put order online. Then manager calls and they send thing to me. I pay cash. At least this tablecloth is not finished. I wanted to sell it but may be I will gift it as usually... I only was courious if I can sell online
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    I think PayPal is limited here. We have cash and I put order online. Then manager calls and they send thing to me. I pay cash. At least this tablecloth is not finished. I wanted to sell it but may be I will gift it as usually... I only was courious if I can sell online
    Hi Larisa,

Etsy may be an option for those in your part of the world? Maybe Kay will have an idea for us?