Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  41
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

How to Access Crochet Talk's Calendar

Did you know Crochet Talk has a calendar on site?

From the home page, click the option which says Calendar. It is located between FAQ and Community.

Helpful Hints for Getting the Most Out of the Forums-calendar-jpg

2. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Accessing Today's Digest of Crochet Talk Newsletter

If you prefer a condensed view of some of the topics in the forums, then you can access the Today's Digest which is what you will also see if you sign up for the Crochet Talk Newsletter.

At the bottom of each page, you will see a purple bar with options listed. In the left hand corner, there is a link which says Today's Digest, as well as an option to view Previous Digest.

Helpful Hints for Getting the Most Out of the Forums-todays-digest-jpg

Note: This does not include all of the posts made in the forums, but is a quick snapshot of some of the posts.

Also, it will show at the top you are viewing as a guest. This should not prevent you from clicking on posts to view them. As long as you are logged into your forum account, you can still post replies on these as well.

4. Thanks Pjrichardson.pr@gmail.com thanked for this post
    Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reporting Posts Made in the Forums

If for some reason, you see a post in which you feel needs to be reported, then you can click an icon located under the actual user post. The icon is shaped like a triangle and when you place your cursor over it, it will say Report Post.

Helpful Hints for Getting the Most Out of the Forums-report-post-jpg

An email will be sent to the moderator so the reported post can be reviewed.

6. Thanks Pjrichardson.pr@gmail.com thanked for this post
    Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Providing Thanks & Likes

On Crochet Talk, there are two ways to let members know you appreciate a post quickly. If you don't have time to post a reply, you can quickly do the following:

Add Thanks! Under the user's post on the left hand side, there is a Thanks button with a little thumbs up. Click this and you will add your thanks.

Helpful Hints for Getting the Most Out of the Forums-thanks-button-jpg

On the opposite side, there is a like link in which you can like/unlike a post. It is located inside the post on the right hand side.

Helpful Hints for Getting the Most Out of the Forums-posts-jpg

8. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Barbara, TY for posting this valuable info.. I'm sure this will help many members.. Teresa

10. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara G Thank You and Im guilty of not noticing this Thread for a long time. Ita is a good thing for all of us New or refresher course. Thanks for sharing. Susan MJ

12. Likes Barbara G., pbjones80, blueeyes68 liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,
    Thanks for posting this needed information. I'm sure it will be a great help to those just joining and those who stiill are looking around the site. ~~ Hugs, Jo

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,
    I'm new here. I would like to know how to add a profile picture. I clicked on my profile's setting, but I don't see any option to upload a profile picture. Thank you for any help!
    Kind regards,
    Kinga

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    Hi Barbara,
    I'm new here. I would like to know how to add a profile picture. I clicked on my profile's setting, but I don't see any option to upload a profile picture. Thank you for any help!
    Kind regards,
    Kinga
    Great question! When you are logged in, you will see an option at the top that says settings. Click on the word and it will take you to your settings page. Scroll down and on the left hand side is options to edit profile picture. This is the photo seen when people visit your profile page.

If you want to see a photo beside your posts made in the forums, you will need to select edit avatar. You can also add a photo to your signature.

Let me know if you need more help. I will be glad to assist you!

17. Thanks Kinga thanked for this post
    Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for your help, Barbara! I made it! Now I have an avatar, a profile picture and a signature! Yay!
    Last edited by Kinga; 08-11-2014 at 03:37 AM.

19. Likes Barbara G., Susan2014 liked this post