Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

Desperate in Puerto Rico !

Hello ! everybody, I'm really glad I found you because I'm sure one of you might have come across the pattern I want, and I would be very grateful if you'd like to share it with me.
    I've spent hours trying to find the instructions for a great "rope" or handle pattern I ran into, which was recommended as strong, great for the handles on a basket. I did not copy the instructions because it was very easy to remember, so I proceeded to try it out. I made 20", and am delighted with it.
    Since I put it aside some time ago, I have been trying to see how I made it, to no avail. I forgot completely.
    I have taken up crochet again lately, and I was never an expert.
    My grandmother taught me how to knit, crochet and embroider as a child, and I have enjoyed all three immensely; throughout my life I have taken them up sporadically, but I don't know how to "read" a pattern from a finished piece.
    Maybe if I explain what I see, one of you could recognize it

It is a perfect "tube" in what LOOKS to me like a perfect Knit Stitch in knitting. It has 4 loops or "stitches" going around at the place where I stopped crocheting.
    They unravel one at a time if I pull the yarn. But you don't leave open stitches standing up as you crochet, you use the one on the hook; this is what puzzles me

I have tried picking up one at a time, but it does not work. Hoping for news !

Sylvia

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you remember where you saw the pattern at all? I've not seen anything like that.

3. Likes sylvires liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have seen this pattern also. Try this site, it isn't in English, but has photo's. I know I've seen the same in English, or similar at least and will see if I can find it
    Шнур "Гусеничка" крючком » Клубка.Нет - Все о вязании крючком

Last edited by rosieh20; 08-14-2013 at 03:36 AM.

5. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! It is a pleasure to meet you - I am Barbara and live in Oklahoma. Please let us know if you are looking for more information. Thanks for joining us!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are with us. I am Lawana and live in Texas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sylvia! I am larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DinahRoberts View Post
    Do you remember where you saw the pattern at all? I've not seen anything like that.
    Dear Dinah,
    I don't know where I saw it, and as I said I've spent hours, days and weeks looking for it. But don't worry, a lovely person sent me a VIDEO, and
    THIS IS IT !!!! I strongly suggest you try it- I know you'll love it too....
    Will write again later, but thanks a lot for caring.
    Sylvia, another Senior!

10. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sylvia, welcome. Allfreecrochet.com also has directions for the I-cord, I typed it in the site search and got 3 different ones. Most of my handles, I make a chain the length I want then do 3-4 rows of sc, then I place a length of piping cord onto my strip and whip stitch it closed and sew ends to my bag. it is sturdy and does not stretch. Just an idea you might like to try.... Sharon

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Pa. I am a avid crocheter and I enjoy it very much

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sylvia,
    You said it looks like a perfect tube. That makes me think it might be the afghan stitch. When I did the afghan stitch some time back, it curled and looked like a tube.
    Jean