Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  58
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I failed to answer 2 choices for fun....I enjoy shopping and making cards & computer time (gave you 3 to make up for not replying to it! LOL

2. Likes N/A, Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, now this is a bit scary....LOL
    I so love Gypsy horses and to have all those beautiful horses in your front yard! And I too wanted to be a veterinarian! When I became a dance teacher instead (quite the difference hahaha) I tried to push that career on to my oldest daughter, then to my son and I thought I had my youngest hooked until she got a part time job at the Equine Center down the road (it is a hospital for horses and large animals... specializing in breeding Thoroughbreds) She groomed, mucked stalls, helped in breeding, and even helped in minor surgeries like gelding. Her favorite horse there was a blind mare who belonged to the owner. Everyday when she would go to work she would bring specials treats for her. She loved grooming her and Moble (that was the mare's name) was her favorite horse there. She was gentle and loved to be groomed. But Mic puts too much of her heart into animals, to be a veterinarian. She became too attached to the animals she was caring for and began getting heart palpitations when an animal was not doing well and would have to be put down...I had to make her quit. One time she had been caring for a Gypsy for several months. It was her job to groom her every day and give meds and care for her hoofs. The horse was shipped here from England and was being sent to a new owner in Missouri, not so sure on the complete story, except it was not properly cared for in England and the hoof was separating from the pastern(????) I believe that is called foundering?? She was being held over at the Equine center for treatment, beside a few other health problems. But anyway and the owners decided it was costing too much money and had the poor thing put down. Mic was so upset she wound up in the emergency room. Needless to say that I called the Vet and told him she could no longer keep the job. Even though it was the beginnings of a great experience for her, you know like an apprentice, she has too much heart for animals. So alas...no vets in the family...

Susan MJ...you are funny : ) I love quick crochet pieces, too when I am during my working season, August to June. Right now I am off for a while.... this is my 2nd day off...I enjoy an intricate piece. Where I have to follow a crochet diagram, I love those pieces. You know the ones you always have to rip out and start all over again because you really have to think and can't be disturbed when following the directions or diagram...LOL
    Right now I am working on:
    Crochet DROPS tunic with mussel pattern in “Alpaca” and “Cotton Viscose”. Size S - XXL ~ DROPS Design
    I love a challenge! But at Christmas time when I am making lots of gifts I like simple and quick! ....just like Purple Dahlias (love that screen name!)
    Last edited by Teri; 06-27-2013 at 03:30 AM.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

4. Likes N/A, Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mic's experience sounds similar to my job shadowing a couple of different vet's. I don't know whether or not I would have been of "sound" mind to do all that they do. Looking back I can see that It was a good experience for me.

Teri, I did take a peek at the pattern of the item you are working on, It's gorgeous! What color(s) are you making it? Maybe someday I will have an allotment of time to make something so beautiful.

Thanks, I chose that name because of their beauty.

Have a wonderful day!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group. When do you find time to crochet? You obviously have quite a busy life and I am jealous of all the animals you have. I only have three cats and they keep me busy enough with what they get into. Hope you enjoy being a member, we have some great people here.

7. Likes N/A, Teri, Purple Dahlias liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am making it from cotton in green. The alpaca seemed quite expensive and kind of warm for summer. I will post a pic when finished.
    Last edited by Teri; 06-27-2013 at 10:06 AM.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

9. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The only time I truly get to do any type of craft is when I make the time. I think I need some craft time to keep my sanity...LOL
    I crochet when I'm watching tv or a passenger in a vehicle or waiting at appointments.
    I am learning that there are a lot of great people here.
    Thanks and have fun with your cats!
    ~Dawn

11. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Teri! I will be waiting to see it.
    ~Dawn

13. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Besides the fact that we live in town, and can't have animals, I would not be a good one to have large animals. They would probably be in the house with me!!!!! They were just talking on the about cows sleeping on water beds and that they sleep really well (that would be me). HAHA I am just a softy!!!!! Shirley

15. Likes Teri, Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Dawn. You are joining a good group. I crochet a lot to

17. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to picture cows sleeping on waterbeds....I don't see that happening, easily any how.
    Thanks Shirley! LOL

19. Likes Teri liked this post